Recap: The Simpsons S 11 E 19 Kill The Alligator And Run
The Simpsons are going on spring break in Florida to hopefully cure Homer of his insomnia-induced insanity and fear of dying caused by answering a magazine quiz...but find themselves on the run from the law for running down the town's mascot, Captain Jack.
- A Fool for a Client: Homer defends himself and his family in court — and ends up getting everyone sentenced to hard labor in a chain gang, all because he opened with, "Drunken hicks of the jury..."
- Jerkass: The guy that whips Homer and Marge. Everything is whipping worthy to him. Including listening to a police officer trying to talk to them.
- Madness Mantra: "Can't sleep, gonna die. Can't sleep, gonna die." (similar to the memetic "Can't sleep. Clown'll eat me.")
- Morton's Fork: When Homer gets told "No listenin', you hear me?", it's pretty obvious any answer would get Homer whipped.
- Never Smile at a Crocodile: Averted with Captain Jack.
- Persona Non Grata: The Simpsons are not allowed to return to Florida ever again (even though they would return later in "Catch 'Em If You Can" and "Special Edna"). As of now, the only states they're not banned from are Arizona and North Dakota, which further complicates theories on where Springfield is.