On a day trip at the lake, Homer winds up at the vacation home of Kim Basinger and Alec Baldwin, and they let him be their assistant if he keeps their location a secret.
- Accidental Misnaming: Homer called Alec Baldwin "Alex Baldwin" (and initially confused Alec Baldwin for his brother, Billy, who does look like him in Real Life).
- Actor Allusion: After Ron Howard sells Homer's idea for a movie, the episode ends with the musical sting from Happy Days.
- The Alcoholic: Ron Howard
- Cannot Keep a Secret: Homer
- The Dead Rise To Advertise: Homer provides the page quote while ranting during the trial. He references a real-life vacuum commercial that used the late Fred Astaire.
"You celebrities need to realize that the public owns you for life! And after you're dead, you'll all be in commercials dancing with vacuum cleaners."
- Dynamic Entry: Homer meets Kim Basinger and Alec Baldwin by crashing through their skylight and landing on the latter.
- The Heart: According to Ron Howard, the talking pie is this in Homer's movie pitch.
- It's Personal: "It is personal. He's got our underwear!"
- Lead In: The episode opens with a scene featuring Homer as Yogi Bear, Bart as Boo-Boo, and Ned Flanders as Ranger Smith, who Homer ends up mauling. Just as "Homi" is about to maul "Bart-Bart", this is revealed to be a dream of Homer's. Homer's kids wake him up to remind him of his promise to take them to a lake. Homer goes back to sleep afterwards and dreams that he's Magilla Gorilla mauling Mr. Peebles.
- Let's Get Dangerous: Subverted. Once Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger are unable to stop Homer, Ron Howard mutters "I guess it's up to me...", and dramatically leaps towards Homer's RV... only to miss it and tumble down the road.
- "Not Wearing Pants" Dream: Homer describes his Yogi Bear dream as this.
"I was having the most wonderful dream. I had a hat and a tie with no pants on."
- Secret Keeper: Homer for the celebrities, but he eventually cracks.