Recap: The Simpsons S 10 E 4 Treehouse Of Horror IX
In this year's tales of terror, Homer gets a hair transplant from a dead criminal (Snake Jailbird), Bart and Lisa go on TV (thanks to a radioactive remote control), and The Simpsons are the latest guests on The Jerry Springer Show after Marge confesses that Maggie was the product of an abduction-cum-one night stand with Kang the alien.
This episode contains examples of: (YMMV Examples here)
- Angry Fist-Shake: Snake's hair after being shot several times.
- Animated Actors: Hinted to be the case with Itchy and Scratchy during "The Terror of Tiny Toon".
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: The three strikes Snake was executed for were: setting fire at an orphanage; blowing up a busful of nuns (which Snake declares was in self-defense); and smoking at a Kwik-E-Mart.
- Bond One-Liner: After shooting Snake's hair:
- Captain Obvious:Lisa: Of course, the transplant! Somehow Snake's hair must be controlling—
Marge: Oh, please, Lis, everyone's already figured that out.
- Cluster Bleep Bomb: The unsurprising result of the faimily's appearance on Jerry Springer.Marge: I am so (bleep)ing embarressed...
- Darker and Edgier: The episode uses a more macabre version of the show's opening sequence. We have Bart writing down the chalkboard punishment in blood, later him botching his jump off Homer's sunroof and snapping his neck. Lisa then follows suit by cycling into Bart's corpse and ricocheting headfirst into the garage wall, as Homer gets run over by Marge as she drives by. The couch gag then sees Freddy Krueger and Jason Voorhees sitting on the couch, apparently waiting for the family to arrive.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Because one audience member called out Kang for being a deadbeat father, he kills the entire Jerry Springer audience.
- Snake getting sent to death for smoking in the Kwik-E-mart.
- Eye Pop: In "The Terror of Tiny Toon" where Bart and Lisa are caught inside Itchy & Scratchy's show.
- Fighting from the Inside: Homer at the climax of "Hell Toupée":Bart: You've got to fight the hair, dad.
Homer: But I look so youthful and hunky.
Snake: (speaking through Homer) The kid's gotta die.
Homer: But I love my son.
Snake: More than a lush head of hair?
Homer: Don't make me choose!
(Snake does an Evil Laugh.)
Homer: NO! (Proceeds to literally Drop the Hammer from his hands and tear Snake's hair off og his head.)
- Kill It with Fire: Dr. Hibbert's solution to Maggie growing tentacles.Homer: Is there anything you can prescribe, doctor?
Dr. Hibbert: Fire! And lots of it!
Marge: That's your cure for everything!
- Medium Blending: In "The Terror of Tiny Toon", Bart, Lisa, Itchy and Scratchy fall into the live action "Live With Regis & Kathie Lee" (as it was then titled) show. Regis Philbin and Kathie Lee Gifford both appear as themselves.
- Nonstandard Prescription: When Maggie starts growing tentacles they take her to see Dr. Hibbert.Homer: Is there anything you can prescribe, doctor?
Dr. Hibbert: Fire! And lots of it!
Marge: Oh, that's your cure for everything.
- Oh Crap!: Apu hearing Snake's voice from Homer.Apu: Snake? But you're dead!
Homer/Snake: I know you are, but what am I? *shoots Apu*
- Roger Rabbit Effect: In "The Terror of Tiny Toon", when Bart and Lisa end up in "Live With Regis & Kathie Lee".
- Rule of Three: Snake was executed because of the three strikes law. Also, as usual, the treehouse of horror had three stories.
- Speed Sex: In "Starship Poopers", after Kang shoots his insemination beam at Marge:Kang: Insemination complete.
Marge: Really? That seemed awfully quick.
Kang: What are you implying?
Marge: Nothing, nothing.
- The Stinger: Regis Philbin exclaiming, "My eyes, my beautiful eyes!" during the Gracie Films card.
- You Bastard: Itchy and Scratchy are distressed by Bart and Lisa amusement at their antics, and team up to kill them.
- Your Mom: In "Starship Poopers", Kang delivers one of these to Homer while on The Jerry Springer Show.Kang: Well (bleep) you hyperbolic parabaloid (bleep) yo mama!