Recap: The Nostalgia Critic S 2 E 6
February 10, 2009Movie: A Kid in King Arthur's Court
This review contains examples of:
- Girl on Girl Is Hot: Despite being an innocent scene, the Critic is turned on by the scene where Princess Katey and Princess Sarah talk while brushing each other's hair. He's outraged when the scene fades out before they can "get it on".
- Head Desk: Attempted by the Critic in the beginning to forcefully remove the memories of this film from his head. It doesn't work.
- Old Shame: In-Universe, the Critic is dumbfounded that Kate Winslet and Daniel Craig both started their careers in this movie:
Critic: Good God, this is like that desperate porno a celebrity does before he becomes famous... only more painful and far less entertaining!
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: When the movie cuts away from Sarah and Katey to a conversation between Calvin and Arthur:
Critic: GO! BACK! TO THE LESBIANS!!!
- Running Gag: Calvin's fear of baseballs. Also, Calvin thinking he's cool when he's really not.
- Subverted Catchphrase: "I'm The Nostalgia Critic, I remember it so you don't Blues Clues."
- Sure, Let's Go with That: It's mentioned in a later review that a lot of commenters apparently thought the (actually accidental) misspelling in the credits was supposed to be a result of him smashing his head with a book at the end of the review.
Critic: Uh... yeah, that was it...