This review contains examples of:
- Aspect Ratio: This is the first episode to be filmed in widescreen.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The Trope Namer, used to describe the scene with the singing lizard voiced by Tone Loc. Note that the trope's page was created within an hour of the review's posting.
- Cross Over: The first Critic review to feature another Channel Awesome reviewer. It actually came about because Lindsay was moving across the country, and had just enough time to stop by Doug's house in Chicago.
- Expy: Critic says the main characters are similar to the characters in AladdinCritic as King: Isn't that right Jasmin— I mean Crysta. Maybe we should consult the Genie— I mean Batty. After all, that is why I'm Sultan— I mean king!...Which animated movie am I in again?
- Flag Drop: After the Chick gets finished explaining to the Critic why the movie is set in the Australian rainforest, she says, "And Knowing Is Half the Battle", as the pair salute to the sound of the G.I. Joe theme.
- Freudian Slip: "Nice to fuck you. I mean, meet you."
- G-Rated Sex: Critic and Chick when they hold hands. He gets pregnant.
- Shout-Out: The Chick plays the "Sven Theme" from The Renand Stimpy Show on her accordion at the end.
- Tempting Fate:Chick: (about Batty) Well, it's not like he can get any more annoying...Critic & Chick: Oh... he raps...Critic: Yeah... you review it! (tries to run)