Recap: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 4 E 17 Outbreak
An outbreak occurs in New York as the Turtles come to encounter the mutants. This is all because the mutagen that Bishop used for faking an alien invasion has been spreading around the sewers.
This episode provides examples of
- Area 51: the site of Bishop's base
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: the mutant bugs
- Call Back: When Raph attacks a giant cockroach and it spews fluid all over him, he mentions Bishop's aliens in "Aliens Among Us"
- Discussed Trope: Mikey mentions that creepy voices/glowing eyes in the shadows is "never good" in monster movies
- Even Evil Has Standards: While he is the one who started the fake alien invasion, Bishop is not really pleased at finding out about the outbreak.
- The Glasses Come Off: Bishop, when he's starting to transfer his mind to a cloned body.
- The Greys: Bishop's abductors in the opening narration
- The Law of Conservation of Detail: The Turtles get beaten and injured all the time, but we rarely see them bandaged or wounded unless its after a big fight. So when Don is scratched by the mutant bug, and the camera makes sure the audience sees it, you can be sure that little scratch will be an important plot point later...
- Narrator: Bishop's third time.
- Scream Discretion Shot: When Todd, the city worker, is taken by the mutant bugs and mutated himself.
- Sound-Only Death: when the mutant ticks are being incinerated by Bishop's men
- Start of Darkness: The opening shows how Bishop become the Well-Intentioned Extremist he is in the present.
- Stripped to the Bone: Occurs to Agent Bishop's body after his mind is transferred into a new one.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Raph really hates bugs, although this is more to the point of 'being the crap out of them' rather than being paralyzed with fear because of them