Recap: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 2 E 21 Aprils Artifact
The Turtles and April are transported to an unknown dimension when they find a puzzle cube that once belonged to April's long-lost uncle, Augie.
This episode provides examples of
- Berserk Button: Raph really hates bugs. He even gets pushed too far after recovering from the paralysis given to him by one of the hornets, declaring in a Punctuated! For! Emphasis! fashion that bugs must pay.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: the giant hornets
- Bittersweet Ending: The turtles and April escape the world of giant hornets, and find her long-lost uncle’s compass and notebook, but they don't find Uncle Augie...
- Clothing Damage: Occurs to April as an unexpected trip to the jungle ruins her outfit.
- Hard Work Montage: April and the turtles get one as they build small sailcraft, complete with music.
- Improvised Weapon: The Turtles and April must make themselves some weapons to survive in this new dimension
- Letting Her Hair Down: Inversion: If April's hair isn't in her trademark bun the situation generally isn't good.
- Not So Above It All: April has moments where she sinks down to the Turtle's level of silliness. Most notably in this episode where she gets waaay into the Jungle Princess role.
- Shout-Out: When the Turtles are down, April attacks an insect queen while saying "Get away from them, you witch!"
- Techno Babble: Played for Laughs when April and Don's conversation is so full of technical jargon that it prompts Michelangelo to ask:Michelangelo: Do you guys come with subtitles?
- This Is Unforgivable!: As mentioned before, Raph doesn't take too well to having been paralyzed by one of the hornets...Raphael: Bugs... must... PAY!