Season 3, Episode 1
The Magnificient Seven
When the Devil's Gate opened at the end of the previous season, hundreds of demons were released. Sam and Dean team up with a few other hunters to fight off the Seven Deadly Sins.
For this episode = 4 humans and 7 demons.
For the series so far = At least 200 humans, 15 ghosts, 5 vampires, 2 shapeshifters, 2 werewolves, 9 demons, 1 djinn, 1 god, 1 rakshasa, 1 rawhead, 1 shtriga, 1 wendigo, and 1 zombie.
- Bad Guy Bar: Too bad Isaac and Tamara don't realize it until it's too late.
- Battle Couple: Husband-and-wife hunting duo Isaac and Tamara.
- Boyish Short Hair: Tamara's do is a lot more sensible for asskicking than some of the other ladies' on the show.
- Brain Bleach: Sam asks Dean for a knife to gouge his eyes out after he walks in on his brother having sex.
- Compelling Voice: The demons use this to make people kill themselves or others, although it's more of a Compelling Touch.
- Dead Person Impersonation: Wrath possesses Isaac's corpse to mess with Tamara.
- Depraved Bisexual: Lust makes her interest in both Dean and Tamara obvious. Considering the Seven Deadly Sins' modus operandi, it's probably for the best that she never actually gets to have sex with either of them.
- Deus ex Machina: Ruby shows up to save Sam's ass.
- Driven to Suicide: Isaac. The family the hunters find as rotted corpses might also be an example: they sat down in front of the TV and never bothered to get up again, eventually dying of starvation when they had a fully-stocked kitchen over in the next room.
- Dynamic Entry: Ruby bursts in, slashes demon throats, banters with Sam, and walks out.
- Establishing Character Moment: Ruby telling Sam that she's "the girl who just saved your ass" after charging in with her demon-killing knife.
- Evil Laugh: All of the sins start laughing wildly when Isaac kills himself. It's pretty disturbing to watch.
- Evil Is Sexy: Lust.
- Fanservice: Dean's shirtless scene at the beginning of the episode. It was definitely Fan Disservice for Sam, though.
- Forced to Watch: The sins hold a helpless, screaming Tamara still as she watches her Mind Raped husband chug drain cleaner and cough up his liquefied organs.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Tamara is Lisa (Ianto's girlfriend) from Torchwood.
- Like You Were Dying: Dean has a year to live, and intends to use it.
- Manipulative Bastard: Dean uses his upcoming damnation to get what he wants out of Sam.
- Seven Deadly Sins
- Shapeshifter Guilt Trip: Wrath possessing Isaac gives one to Tamara when he blamed her for their daughter's death.
- Smug Snake: Pride. Dur.
- Stalker Without A Crush: Ruby secretly following Sam around probably counts, as she only starts to like him later on.