With all his debts about to catch up to him at once, a desperate Quark agrees to enter the dangerous world of weapons trading with his treacherous cousin Gaila and feared weapons merchant Hagath.
- Badass Boast: Quark gets off thanks to Hagath's old connections with Bajor. But Sisko makes sure he knows he's skating on super thin ice.
Sisko: You'd better hope there isn't a next time, mister. I have cut you a lot of slack in the past. I even looked away once or twice when I could have come down hard on you, but those days are over. Now we may not get you for selling weapons, but you so much as litter on the Promenade and I will nail you to the wall!
- Call Back: This is not the first time that Gaila and his weapons business have been mentioned.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Quark has done some reprehensible things, but even his conscience can't justify ending 28 million lives.
- Everyone Has Standards: While the crew is usually content to roll their eyes at Quarks greedy nature, his entry into weapons trading is the straw that breaks the camels back. Even Jadzia freezes him out.
- Evil Brit: Hagath.
- Evil Is Hammy: Hagath sells weapons, not subtlety.