Recap: Star Trek Deep Space Nine S 05 E 14 In Purgatorys Shadow
A distress signal from the Gamma Quadrant reveals Enabran Tain may still yet live. And the search to find him exposes secrets that are about to spell trouble for the Alpha Quadrant.
- Continuity Nod: Zig-zagged. Sisko mentions "the recent Borg attack," no doubt a reference to Star Trek: First Contact. However, the stardate of this episode is actually before the film.
- Screwup in reading the Stardates, or Sisko receiving more visions from the Prophets? You make the call!
- God Help Us All: Sisko's reaction to an impending Dominion invasion.
- Lost In Transmission: Played with. A great deal is lost in the last message sent by Garak and Worf, but there's enough there (including the final word "imminent"), combined with the loss of their various sensor probes in the Gamma Quadrant, for the crew to realize the Dominion is coming.
- The Mole: The Bashir on the station is actually a Founder.
- Oh Crap!: Garak and Worf try to sneak through Dominion territory by flying through a nebula, only to find a massive fleet moving out.Garak: [eyes widen in genuine fear] Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all.
- Papa Wolf: Garak is nearly tossed off the second level of Quark's when Dukat catches him and Ziyal having lunch.
- Take That: Garak has some strong opinions about a certain kind of tea.Garak: I'd like to get my hands on that fellow Earl Grey and tell him a thing or two about... tea leaves.
- Wham Line: Moments before his death, the truth about Tain and Garak comes out.Garak: I'll do as you ask, on one condition...That you don't ask me this favor as a mentor, or a superior officer... but as a father asking his son.
- Wham Shot: Bashir being hauled into the prison barracks. Revealing there's a Changeling spy on the station.