Worf's brother Kurn arrives on the station, with a very difficult request. With his lands and rank stripped by Gowron, the younger son of Mogh wants Worf to administer the Mauk-to'Vor. In other words, he wants his brother to kill him to restore his honor.
- Driven to Suicide: Kurn is so desperate for some shred of Klingon interaction, he considers shooting himself and joining the Dishonored Dead.
- Honor Before Reason: Kurn's a Klingon, what did you expect?
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: Worf's stand against Gowron means that his brother loses everything, eventually even his identity.
- Blue and Orange Morality: Kurn admits that he's never been able to understand Worf.
- OOC Is Serious Business: Odo notes that Kurn is fitting in well as a security officer, doing everything he's told without complaint. Then he just stands there smiling when a criminal tries to shoot him, so Odo tell Worf he won't have Kurn on his team, as a suicidal officer is a danger to everyone.
- That Man Is Dead: Kurn gets a new life, complete with new memories and a new identity, courtesy of Worf.