Recap: Spongebob Squarepants S 2 E 17 Procrastination Im With Stupid
Procrastination and I'm With Stupid are episodes from the second season of SpongeBob SquarePants.ProcrastinationSpongebob has to write an essay but keeps putting it off.I'm With StupidPatrick's parents are visiting and he doesn't want them to think that he's an idiot, so he asks Spongebob to act like an idiot to make Patrick seem smart by comparison. Unfortunately, Patrick starts believing his own lies.
Procrastination'' provides examples of:
- All Just a Dream
- Bowdlerized: Spongebob's brief little workout, in which he stretches his arms, eyelashes and nose, were rather jarringly cut from syndication after too many people complained that his nose exercises looked phallic.
- Compressed Vice: Before this, Spongebob has never, ever been shown to put off a task, given how big a Workaholic he is.
- Deleted Scene: Where Spongebob looks out the window, sees his friends at a fairground, and decides to do some exercise for the essay to "get those juices pumpin'".
- Ridiculous Procrastinator
- Shaggy Dog Story: SpongeBob completes the essay, but Mrs Puff ends up having to leave for a teacher's convention and she tells him she decided to cancel the assignment.
- Title Drop: In the German dub, the episode is simply titled "Der Aufsatz" ("The Essay").
- What Have I Done?: "Help! Help! My house is on fire!"
'I'm With Stupid'' provides examples of: (YMMV here)
- Cassandra Truth: SpongeBob is unable to convince Patrick and his parents that he's not really stupid.
- Conspicuous CGI: Patrick's house rocking on its foundation at the beginning.
- Door Closes Ending / Everybody Laughs Ending: The episode ends with Patrick and his parents laughing as his rock house closes down on them.
- Hypocritical Humor:Patrick: Yeah, some people are so blissfully aware of how dumb they really are duuuuh...
- Karma Houdini: Patrick.
- Noodle Incident: "Patrick! You forgot how to eat again! Quick, I'll get the funnel!"
- Obfuscating Stupidity: SpongeBob pretends to be stupid to make Patrick look smarter in front of his parents. Unfortunately, Patrick starts to believe that he is stupid.
- Shaggy Dog Story: Patrick manages to impress his parents - at the cost of poor SpongeBob's sanity. Then Squidward brings over Patrick's real parents, who'd been standing outside all day wondering where their son was.
- Title Drop: Patrick briefly wears a "I'm With Stupid" T-shirt.
- Took a Level in Jerkass / With Friends Like These...: Patrick starts to believe that SpongeBob is really dumb, forgetting that SpongeBob is only pretending. Patrick then starts making personal insults, and when SpongeBob tries to remind him that they're only pretending, he denies it.
- Visual Pun: A classic example.Spongebob: (in response to a piece of paper Patrick is holding) Hey, a note! (takes it to reveal that there's a music note on it)
Patrick: Yeah, but turn it over, there's a letter!
Spongebob: (turns the "note" around to reveal the letter B on the back) You're right!