Recap: Spongebob Squarepants S 2 E 17 Procrastination Im With Stupid
Procrastination and I'm With Stupid are episodes from the second season of Spongebob Squarepants.ProcrastinationSpongebob has to write an essay but keeps putting it off.I'm With StupidPatrick's parents are visiting and he doesn't want them to think that he's an idiot, so he asks Spongebob to act like an idiot to make Patrick seem smart by comparison. Unfortunately, Patrick starts believing his own lies.
Procrastination'' provides examples of:—-
- All Just a Dream
- Bowdlerized: Spongebob's brief little workout, in which he stretches his arms, eyelashes and nose, were rather jarringly cut from syndication after too many people complained that his nose exercises looked phallic.
- Compressed Vice: Before this, Spongebob has never, ever been shown to put off a task, given how big a Workaholic he is.
- Deleted Scene: Where Spongebob looks out the window, sees his friends at a fairground, and decides to do some exercise for the essay to "get those juices pumpin'".
- Ridiculous Procrastinator
- Shaggy Dog Story: Spongebob completes the essay, but Mrs Puff canceled it anyway.
- Title Drop: In the German dub, the episode is simply titled "Der Aufsatz" ("The Essay").
- What Have I Done?: "Help! Help! My house is on fire!"
I'm With Stupid'' provides examples of:—-
- Cassandra Truth: SpongeBob is unable to convince Patrick and his parents that he's not really stupid.
- Hypocritical Humor:Patrick: Yeah, some people are so blissfully aware of how dumb they really are duuuuh...
- Karma Houdini: Patrick.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: SpongeBob pretends to be stupid to make Patrick look smarter in front of his parents. Unfortunately, Patrick starts to believe that he is stupid.
- Shaggy Dog Story: It turns out they're not his real parents.
- Took a Level in Jerkass / With Friends Like These...: Patrick starts to believe that SpongeBob is really dumb, forgetting that SpongeBob is only pretending. Patrick then starts making personal insults, and when SpongeBob tries to remind him that they're only pretending, he denies it.