Recap: South Park S 7 E 9 Christian Rock Hard
The boys get into the world of music: Cartman, Butters, and Token start a Christian rock band while Stan, Kenny, and Kyle try to find inspiration through Napster, only to get busted by the Feds for pirating copyrighted material and start a strike against downloading popular music.
- The Dog Bites Back: Token and Butters, at the very end.
- Digital Piracy Is Evil: Parodied.
- Exact Words: The bet was for getting a platinum album, not a myrrh album, so Kyle didn't lose the bet.
- Felony Misdemeanor: Want to download music off the Internet? The FBI will immediately bust into your house.
- God-Is-Love Songs: Cartman explains all you have to do is cross out words like "baby" and "darling" and replace them with "Jesus".
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Sanctified tells Cartman how hardcore they are.
Band Member 1: We're the band Sanctified. We play metal and punk, but with lyrics that inspire faith in Christ.
Band Member 2: Yeah. We prove that Christian music can be tough and hard core.
Cartman: Yeah, you guys are real hard core.
Band Member 1: You bet your gosh-darned rear end we are!
- Intercourse with You: What a lot of Cartman's God-Is-Love Songs end up being, as he only changed "baby" and "darling" to "Jesus" and didn't think to tone down the other lyricsnote
- Precision F-Strike: Butters does a beautiful and uncharacteristic one at the end of the episode.
- Stereotype Reaction Gag: Token is black, so he has and can play a bass guitar, despite claiming that it's a stereotype.