- Cut Lex Luthor a Check: Apparently, losing $10 and a bet to Kyle is worse than losing millions of dollars and fame (then again, it's Cartman, so of course it'd be worse to him).
- The Dog Bites Back: Token and Butters, at the very end.
- Digital Piracy Is Evil: Parodied.
- Exact Words: The bet was for getting a platinum album, not a myrrh album (in real life though there's no such thing as a myrrh album and it is possible for Christian and inspirational music albums to go platinum, just like secular music), so Kyle didn't lose the bet.
- Felony Misdemeanor: Want to download music off the Internet? The FBI will immediately bust into your house.
- God-Is-Love Songs: Cartman explains all you have to do is cross out words like "baby" and "darling" and replace them with "Jesus".
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Sanctified tells Cartman how hardcore they are.Band Member 1: We're the band Sanctified. We play metal and punk, but with lyrics that inspire faith in Christ.Band Member 2: Yeah. We prove that Christian music can be tough and hard core.Cartman: Yeah, you guys are real hard core.Band Member 1: You bet your gosh-darned rear end we are!
- Intercourse with You: What a lot of Cartman's God-Is-Love Songs end up being, as he only changed "baby" and "darling" to "Jesus" and didn't think to tone down the other lyricsnote
- Only in It for the Money: Cartman's true reason for forming Faith+1. The bet between them and Moop was made that one would owe the other ten dollars if one band manages to get the platinum album before the other. But when the owners of Intel Records want to make sure Faith+1 are in it for God and not this trope, Cartman had to come up with this lie:Cartman: "I resent that, sir! I have never done anything in my life just for the money! If I'm lying, may the Lord strike me down right now!" (cuts to Butters cowaring in his chair, fearing this punishment)
- Precision F-Strike: Butters does a beautiful and uncharacteristic one at the end of the episode.
- Stereotype Reaction Gag: Token is black, so he has and can play a bass guitar, despite claiming that it's a stereotype.
Recap / South Park S 7 E 9 Christian Rock Hard
The boys get into the world of music: Cartman, Butters, and Token start a Christian rock band while Stan, Kenny, and Kyle try to find inspiration through Napster, only to get busted by the Feds for pirating copyrighted material and start a strike against downloading popular music.