Recap: South Park S 7 E 8 South Park Is Gay
Airdate: October 22, 2003The metrosexual craze hits South Park, making sissies out of straight men, while Kyle, Mr. Slave, and Mr. Garrison fight back, as Kyle is getting bullied for not joining in and Mr. Slave and Mr. Garrison think the craze is stereotyping homosexual men who aren't Camp Gay.
"South Park is Gay!" contains examples of:
- Bad Boss: Craig
- Giant Enemy Crab / Ultraterrestrials: The Crab-People."Crab People! Crab People! Taste like crab, walk like people!"
- Hypocritical Humor: Gerald and Sheila are okay with the metrosexual craze until they see Kyle following the trend.
- The second the metrosexual trend dies out, the boys all go back to casually using "fag."
- Mama Bear: Sheila wants to stop the metrosexual craze after Kyle gets beaten up for not being part of it.
- Parody Assistance: The cast of Queer Eye For The Straight Guy saw the episode before it aired on TV. They loved it and allowed their show's theme to be used.
- We Want Our Jerk Back: At first, the wives enjoy their husbands' metrosexual mannerisms, but soon tire of their inflated egos and being too scared of ruining their good looks.
- With Friends Like These...: Stan, Cartman and Kenny leave Kyle to get beaten up for not being metrosexual.