Recap / South Park S 16 E 11 Going Native
After Butters becomes extremely aggressive, his parents send him to his birthplace of Hawaii to undergo a rite of passage while Kenny tags along.
This episode contains examples of:
- Badass Native: Butters sinks a cruise ship all by himself.
- Borrowed Catchphrase: Cartman uses Butters' phrase "Fellas! FELLAS!" at the start of the episode.
- Insane Troll Logic: "Natives," in this sense, defines any person who's lived in Hawaii for anything longer than a vacation, and not, in fact, the Polynesian people who have been there for countless generations.
- Mighty Whitey: Parodied with Kenny, who manages to be accepted as a Hawaiian despite not being a native, although what constitutes a native Hawaiian is whether they've lived in Hawaii outside of vacation, not their actual ethnicity.
- Only Sane Man: During his rant at the other kids, Butters says that out of all of them, Kenny is the one with any sense of dignity.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Butters delivers this to every one of his friends (excluding Kenny) for all their flaws.
Butters: [after Kyle tries calling him out] You just think you know everything, don't you Kyle?! Every little thing you gotta shoot your mouth off like you're the frickin' expert! Well you don't know everything because [walks to Stan and points him out] your best friend is a kid who thinks the entire planet revolves around him and he only cares about HIS image! [runs back inside the boys room, then turns around and runs to Cartman] You guys think Cartman is the only selfish piece of crap in this school? You're all fake and stuck up [moves over to Jimmy], and none of you have the courage to tell Jimmy that his jokes aren't funny! [moves over to Kenny] The only kid here with any sense of dignity is Kenny, and the rest of you have your heads up your butts! [Runs back into the restroom and locks himself in]
- He then delivers a small one to Cartman for always getting the last word.