Recap: Phineas And Ferb Flop Starz
Having heard the phrase "One Hit Wonder", Phineas and Ferb ask their mom what it means. She tells them that it's someone who comes to the top of the charts with a catchy, meaningless song, is famous for five minutes, before fading into obscurity, the song only ever used again as elevator music…not that she'd know anything about that. The boys decide that this sounds like great fun, and recruit the Fireside Girls to create the band “Phineas and the Ferb-Tones”.Candace meanwhile is lining up to try and audition for a famous talent-scouting show. Her crush Jeremy says that the 100th person in line gets to sing with some new hit band! Imagine her dismay, then, when it turns out her brothers are that band, now famous for their meaning-less (but insanely catchy) song "Gitchee Gitchee Goo"? Can she choose between telling her mom and just having a good time?But what does this have to do with Perry's ongoing attempts to stop Doofenshmirtz to spread terror all across the Tri-State Area? (Actually, it turns out, very little.)
- By the Lights of Their Eyes: Candace when the mall is closed.
- Executive Meddling: Not in this episode, but the song "Gitchee Gitchee Goo" caused executives to put out a requirement that each episode after this was to have a song. This is widely considered to be a rare positive examples of this.
- Fanservice: Lindana, Linda as an 80's singer with a One-Hit Wonder definitely counts with her outfit. Candace is even seen wearing her mom's singing clothes at one point when she looked in her closet.
- It Wasn't Easy: How Phineas explains his and his friends' sudden popularity.
- The Television Talks Back: Happens with Candace.
- Word Salad Lyrics: "Gitchee Gitchee Goo"