open/close all folders
- In Big Trouble in Little China, Egg Shen disappears after the fight in the assembly hall, then abruptly reappears to throw his friends an escape rope through a hole in the ceiling. When asked how the he got up there, Egg just says, "It wasn't easy."
- In Jaws: The Revenge, Hoagie is asked how he managed to escape from the shark. His only answer is "It wasn't easy!".
- In Halloween III: Season of the Witch, Cochrane's only explanation of how he got a piece of Stonehenge into his laboratory is "We had a time getting it here. You wouldn't believe how we did it."
- The Pink Panther (1963) ends with Clouseau being framed for the jewel robbery by his wife and the real thief. As he's being driven away from the court he's amazed at the cheering fans (many women) surrounding them, who consider the Phantom to be a sexy folk hero. One of the admiring officers asks how he'd done such remarkable work, and he slowly replies, "Well...it wasn't easy."
- Maxwell Smart of Get Smart uses a variation of this as one of his many catch phrases. When asked, "How did you do X?" or "How do you plan to do Y?" he will invariably respond, "With great difficulty."
- Doctor Who: In "The Big Bang", The Doctor advises Rory to stay out of trouble. When he runs into Rory a couple of thousand years later, the Doctor asks Rory how he managed.
- Garrus utters one in Mass Effect 2, when you find out that he's the one who's pissed off every major mercenary/criminal organization in the Terminus Systems to the point where they're all working together to bring him down. The line goes, in his usual sarcastic (albeit tired) tone:
It wasn't easy... I reaaaallly had to work at it.
- Although it's pretty clear what he did to hack them off (and you can get details if you ask about the specific mercenary leaders coming after you). The real miracle is that he didn't die in the process of screwing over each and every underworld element on Omega (except Aria) in order. Zaeed's "explanation" for how he survived being held down by two men and shot in the face ("rage is a hell of an anesthetic") plays it straight, though.
- Phineas and Ferb:
Candace: How did you guys become pop stars!?
Phineas: Well, it wasn't easy. It took most of the morning and half a dozen phone calls. But, if you're willing to put in the work-'
[Candace stomps off]
- Of course, for this show, that's more explanation than we usually get.
- As part of one of Homer's Zany Schemes in The Simpsons episode "Mom and Pop Art", he and Bart break into the zoo at night. Covered in cuts and bruises, Bart reports to Homer:
Bart: Okay, Homer, it wasn't easy, but I managed to snorkel the grizzlies.
- Looney Tunes: In "The Super Snooper", when Daffy Duck (as detective Duck Drake) is told by a Beverage Hills mansion butler to "walk this way" and mimics the butler's peculiar manner of walking, he turns to us and says, "T'ain't easy!"
- In the Speed Buggy episode "The Ringmaster", the eponymous car says of bringing the villain to justice, "It wasn't easy, pulling all those circus wagons!"