Original work: Bloodlust
This episode also featured the short Uncle Jims Dairy Farm
Considering that the hero is played by Robert Reed, the crew show admirable restraint in keeping to but a single Brady Bunch
reference. The episode is also noteworthy for introducing Pearl Forrester, Dr. F's mother who essentially replaced Frank in Season 7 and became the actual Big Bad
from Season 8 onwards.
The MST3K episode provides examples of:
- Angrish: Crow descends into it while calling for square dancing, quickly turning the hoedown into a mosh pit.
- Chekhov's Skill: Mike and the Bots call the movie out on this.
- My Beloved Smother: Reversed/Subverted. Dr. Forrester is obsessed with impressing his mother, but Mrs. Forrester can't be bothered with him; she'd rather hang with TV's Frank.
- Running Gag: Pete's nerdyness, Balleau's feyness, Tony's drunkenness, the boiled heads, and the clambake.
- Sissy Villain: Mike and the bots see Balleau as this.
- Verbal Backspace: Gypsy, when she can't bring herself to compliment Dr. Forrester in his mother's presence.
Gypsy: Now I understand why he's so sick! Boy, I'm tempted to call her something that rhymes with "bitch"! Oh! I mean, with "witch"!
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Symbolic?: Tom Servo's comment on Balleau's "crucificion".
Servo: Now why this symbolism? Did Christ hunt people on deserted islands?
An over-the-top scream, even for being impaled through the stomach.