Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 06 E 07 Bloodlust
Original work: Bloodlust
This episode also featured the short Uncle Jim's Dairy Farm
Considering that the hero is played by Robert Reed, the crew show admirable restraint in keeping to but a single Brady Bunch
reference. The episode is also noteworthy for introducing Pearl Forrester, Dr. F's mother who essentially replaced Frank in Season 7 and became the actual Big Bad
from Season 8 onwards.
This MST3K episode provides examples of:
- Angrish: Crow descends into it while calling for square dancing, quickly turning the hoedown into a mosh pit.
- Chekhov's Skill: Mike and the Bots call the movie out on this.
- Foreshadowing: A particularly ham-fisted example gets noted by Mike and the Bots.
- My Beloved Smother: Reversed/Subverted. Dr. Forrester is obsessed with impressing his mother, but Mrs. Forrester can't be bothered with him; she'd rather hang with TV's Frank.
- Never Say That Again: Mike and the Bots' reaction after the older cousin does a hog call.
- Parental Neglect: The parents in Uncle Jim's Dairy Farm are interpreted by Mike and the Bots as this. Not to mention Dr. F and his own mother.
- Running Gag: Pete's nerdyness, Balleau's feyness, Tony's drunkenness, the boiled heads, and the clambake.
- Sissy Villain: Mike and the bots see Balleau as this.
- Verbal Backspace: Gypsy, when she can't bring herself to compliment Dr. Forrester in his mother's presence.
Gypsy: Now I understand why he's so sick! Boy, I'm tempted to call her something that rhymes with "bitch"! Oh! I mean, with "witch"!
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Symbolic? : Tom Servo's comment on Balleau's "crucificion".
Servo: Now why this symbolism? Did Christ hunt people on deserted islands?