Recap: Gargoyles S 1 Awakening
- Story Arc: Xanatos
- Characters: Xanatos, the Manhattan Clan
- Enemy(ies) : Vikings, Xanatos and the Steel Clan
- Part I - the boys are sent to the Rookeries, Viking Attack the Castle
- Part II - The Manhattan Clan is Frozen, while Demona is apparently destroyed.
- Part III - Detective Maza searches the Castle
- Part IV - Demona is revealed to be alive and reunites with the Clan
- Part V - The Clan and Demona attack a facility, causing a break up between The Clan and Demona.
This Episode contains the following Tropes:
- Animation Bump: Compared to the rest of the series. Within the five-parter itself, the second part has much more fluid and bouncy animation akin to one of Disney's films.
- Blame Game: Hakon tries to pin the massacre solely on the Captain of the Guard.Hakon: He's the one you want! He shattered them!
Captain: Why, you lying scum!
- Establishing Character Moment: For the Manhattan Clan, Demona, Elisa Maza and Xanatos.
- Every Man Has His Price
- I Warned You: Before falling to his death, the Captain told Goliath he should have taken the other gargoyles with him when he and Demona suggested.
- Not the Fall That Kills You
- No Doubt The Years Have Changed Me: Between Demona and Goliath.Demona: The centuries have made you weak, Goliath.
Goliath: You said the centuries have changed me. They've changed you, too. You've become hard, unforgiving. You're not as I remember you.
- Off Model: Parts two and three compared to the other parts. The former as explained in the animation bump entry, the latter due to switching over to a different production team for the part.
- Out-of-Character Moment: In-Universe: Demona, for Goliath.
- Reports of My Death Were Greatly Exaggerated
- Tranquillizer Dart
- Unwitting Pawn: The Gargoyles for Xanatos and Demona.Eliza: He used you, Goliath. He's been using you for the beginning.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: "Goliath, it seems, is too hard to control. Hm. A pity."