- Story Arc: Xanatos
- Characters: Xanatos, the Manhattan Clan
- Enemy(ies) : Vikings, Xanatos and the Steel Clan
- Part I - the boys are sent to the Rookeries, Viking Attack the Castle
- Part II - The Manhattan Clan is Frozen, while Demona is apparently destroyed.
- Part III - Detective Maza searches the Castle
- Part IV - Demona is revealed to be alive and reunites with the Clan
- Part V - The Clan and Demona attack a facility, causing a break up between The Clan and Demona.
This Episode contains the following Tropes:
- Animation Bump: Compared to the rest of the series. Within the five-parter itself, the second part has much more fluid and bouncy animation akin to one of Disney's films.
- Blame Game: Hakon tries to pin the massacre solely on the Captain of the Guard.Hakon: He's the one you want! He shattered them!
Captain: Why, you lying scum!
- Contrived Coincidence: The Magus casts a spell to turn the clan to stone. The counterspell...happened to be on a page that was ripped out and burned. Either the Viking Captain happened to tear out the counterspell section, or the Magus picked the first spell before the pages that were burned away...
- Establishing Character Moment: For the Manhattan Clan, Demona, Elisa Maza and Xanatos.
- Every Man Has His Price
- I Warned You: Before falling to his death, the Captain told Goliath he should have taken the other gargoyles with him when he and Demona suggested.
- Never Found the Body: Played with. The Captain and Raider are very dead. Demona is not...but Goliath DID find the body. However, as it was reduced to rubble, he misidentified the remains.
- Not the Fall That Kills You: Played with. While anyone the Gargoyles do a swooping save on lives? The two characters who fall off a cliff are VERY dead. (The Captain and the Raider)
- No Doubt The Years Have Changed Me: Between Demona and Goliath.Demona: The centuries have made you weak, Goliath.
Goliath: You said the centuries have changed me. They've changed you, too. You've become hard, unforgiving. You're not as I remember you.
- Off Model: Parts two and three compared to the other parts. The former as explained in the animation bump entry, the latter due to switching over to a different production team for the part.
- Out-of-Character Moment: In-Universe: Demona, for Goliath.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: Goliath wanted to do this to Xanatos via dropping him to his death from more than a hundred stories, but it is averted as Elisa talks Goliath out of doing this and instead allows her to arrest him.
- Reports of My Death Were Greatly Exaggerated
- Robot Me: The Steel Clan robots are a sort for the Manhattan Clan.
- Shout-Out: Demona's line of "1,000 years of solitude" is a reference to the title of One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez.
- Tranquillizer Dart
- Unwitting Pawn: The Gargoyles for Xanatos and Demona.Eliza: He used you, Goliath. He's been using you for the beginning.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: "Goliath, it seems, is too hard to control. Hm. A pity."
- What You Are in the Dark: Demona fails it, miserably. Ditto the Captain. Goliath's rescue of the Princess probaby counts as a succss.