Secondary Sexual Characteristic Gender Clues
- Animal Facial Hair: Male individuals with moustaches and/or beards.
- Bizarre Sexual Dimorphism: Sexual dimorphism played to such extremes that males and females are scarcely recognizable as members of the same species at all. (Can be the result of Bizarre Alien Biology.)
- Furry Baldness: Older male induviduals who are bald or balding.
- Furry Female Mane: Female individuals posessing a head of long, humanlike hair that the corresponding males do not. (A common occurence with anthropomorphic animals.)
- Hartman Hips: Female individuals possessing wide hips and a narrow waist, but a small bust. (Also common with anthropomorphism.)
- Humanoid Female Animal: Species where members of one sex (typically, the females) are more anthropomorphized than their counterparts.
- Impossible Hourglass Figure: Female individuals possessing wide hips, a narrow waist, and a large bust. (Also common with anthropomorphism.)
- Messy Male, Fancy Female: Female individuals appear smooth furred or feathered or elaborately groomed whereas male individuals appear scruffy or messy.
- Non-Mammal Mammaries: Species whose female members have humanlike breasts, regardless of whether or not their species has any need for such things (and, frequently, they don't).
- Masculine Lines, Feminine Curves: Females have curvaceous bodies while males have squarer, more angular or straighter bodies.
- Pale Females, Dark Males: Females are lighter colored than males.
Other Gender Clue Tropes
- Pink Girl, Blue Boy: A special case of Color-Coded for Your Convenience.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: Gender clues supplied by means other than the individual's inherent physiology.
Tropes That Get the Secondary Sexual Characteristics of Animals Wrong
No Real Life examples, please. Please only list fictional examples that aren't listed in any of the tropes listed here. Anything that fits in any of the tropes listed should be listed in that trope.