Recap / Family Guy S 4 E 22 Sibling Rivalry
Original air date
: March 26, 2006
After a pregnancy scare, Lois urges Peter to get a vasectomy, which kills his sex drive and drives Lois to stuff herself with food. Meanwhile, Bertram (the sperm cell who fought with Stewie in "Emission Impossible") is born (from a lesbian couple who bought Peter's sperm at the sperm bank) and wages war with Stewie.
Tropes used in the episode:
- Artistic Licence History and Black Comedy: On the JFK assassination.
Lee Harvey Oswald: Hey, Mr. President! Mr. President, up here! I voted for you. Wait a minute. That guy on the grassy knoll's got a gun. He's gonna shoot the President! Holy smokes, I've got to do something! (grabs a gun and aims it out the window) All right, Lee, time to become an American hero.
- Big Eater: Lois becomes one when Peter refuses to have sex with her.
- Chubby Chaser: Peter's newfound attraction to Lois post-weight gain jump-starts their sex life.
- Double Standard: When Peter keeps criticizing Lois for her weight gain:
Lois: You're one to talk. Look how fat you are!
Peter: Lois, men aren't fat. Only fat women are fat.
- Hypocritical Humor: When Peter is apprehensive about getting a vasectomy, Joe tells him that a bunch of guys on the force got vasectomies and their lives haven't changed at all. However, he immediately shoots them down when asked if he would get one.
- Long List: Peter rattles off all the kids they have (except Meg), and a bunch that aren't.
: We can't afford another kid. We already got Chris, Stewie, Richie, Joanie
, Greg, Marcia, Bobby, Jan
, Mike Seaver, Carol Seaver, Boner
, Mr. Furley
: Peter, those aren't your kids. That's the Nick At Nite lineup. Peter
: Blanka, Zangief, Chun-Li, Guile, E. Honda. Brian
: That's Street Fighter
: Red, blue, green. Brian
: Those are colors.
- Not What It Looks Like: Subverted with the ending; when Peter is revealed to be in a closet making out with Lois's liposuctioned fat, he pauses for a minute, but when he can't think of an excuse, he says, "It's exactly what it looks like."
- Reality Ensues: Peter's desires to keep having fat sex with Lois turn out to be this. Her obesity ends up giving her a heart attack and she has to undergo liposuction treatment.
- Shout-Out: Stewie asks a kid on the playground, "You! You got my cheese whiz, boy?"
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: At the sperm clinic, Peter accidentally knocked over a bunch of sperm vials, and when exiting the freezer later:
Peter: (to nurse) And, uh, just so you know, everything in there is exactly the way it was when I went in. There is absolutely zero chance that I spilled all the jars and had to refill them with my own sperm. Zero chance.
- Take That!: To the comic strip B.C..
- Toilet Humour: A cutaway involves Peter trying adult diapers.
- The Unintelligible: Tony Danza and Sylvester Stallone in What?.
- Truth in Television: A vasectomy is actually much safer and quicker than a tubal ligation (the female equivalent)—a vasectomy is also generally a lot cheaper.