Recap / Family Guy S 3 E 9 Mr Saturday Knight
Original air date
: September 5, 2001
A Dinner with the Boss
plot ends with Peter's boss, Mr. Weed, choking on a dinner roll and dying before Peter is offered a promotion. What's worse, Peter ends up out of a job when Mr. Weed's video will includes a request to shut down Happy-Go-Lucky Toys and replace it with a pharmaceutical company. After many replacement jobs prove useless (and, in the case of the prostitute job, illegal), Peter decides to live out his dream of being a Renaissance Fair knight.—-
This episode contains examples of:
- Broken Pedestal: The Black Knight to Peter. The latter recalls the former rescuing him and being an inspiration to him ever since, then one day when the Black Knight notices his girlfriend flirting with Peter, he threatens to kill him if he ever sees him in the fair again, thus ending the long respect Peter had towards him.
- Crossdresser: When Peter takes the job of a prostitute. As implied by Stewie, Peter in drag looks like an adult, transgendered Meg (even though "Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story" had a transgendered Meg [now named "Ron"] that looked nothing like Peter).
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: When Peter is a prostitute, he asks Lois if she wants a "Cleveland steamer". The Fox censors merely thought it was a nonsensical, made-up phrase (or it had something to do with Cleveland Brown, Peter's Black Best Friend) so they let it slide, but it's actually a real sexual practice where one person defecates on their partner's chest (because of this revelation, the entire part with Peter working as a hooker is cut on free-TV syndication, but not the cable reruns or the DVD). Seth MacFarlane can't believe they got away with that, especially considering the original line mentioned a "half-and-half" (half oral, half anal sex), which was rejected by FOX censors on sight.
- Killed Off for Real: Mr. Weed.
- Left Hanging: Lampshaded when the end of the episode comes and Peter still doesn't have a replacement job.
: It'll be OK, Chris. Remember that episode of The Honeymooners
when Ralph lost his job but didn't get it back? Peter
: Yeah, why was that? That bugged the crap out of me.
- Male Gaze: The Black Knight has a really attractive girlfriend and we're given a few close-ups of her cleavage.
- The Oldest Profession: Peter as a prostitute.
- Raging Stiffie: Upon seeing the Black Knight's beautiful girlfriend, Peter and the rest of the knights make their approval heard by their erect penises hitting their armor one-by-one and making a loud "Ding!" Mort, meanwhile, just looks around awkwardly and says "Ding!"