Recap / Family Guy S 3 E 9 Mr Saturday Knight
Original air date
: September 5, 2001
A Dinner with the Boss
plot ends with Peter's boss, Mr. Weed, choking on a dinner roll and dying before Peter is offered a promotion. What's worse, Peter ends up out of a job when Mr. Weed's video will includes a request to shut down Happy-Go-Lucky Toys and replace it with a pharmaceutical company. After many replacement jobs prove useless (and, in the case of the prostitute job, illegal), Peter decides to live out his dream of being a Renaissance Fair knight.—-
This episode contains examples of:
- Crossdresser: When Peter takes the job of a prostitute. As implied by Stewie, Peter in drag looks like an adult, transgendered Meg (even though "Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story" had a transgendered Meg [now named "Ron"] that looked nothing like Peter).
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: When Peter is a prostitute, he asks Lois if she wants a "Cleveland steamer". The Fox censors merely thought it was a nonsensical, made-up phrase (or it had something to do with Cleveland Brown, Peter's Black Best Friend) so they let it slide, but it's actually a real sexual practice where one person defecates on their partner's chest (because of this revelation, the entire part with Peter working as a hooker is cut on free-TV syndication, but not the cable reruns or the DVD). Seth MacFarlane can't believe they got away with that, especially considering the original line mentioned a "half-and-half" (half oral, half anal sex), which was rejected by FOX censors on sight.
- Left Hanging: Lampshaded when the end of the episode comes and Peter still doesn't have a replacement job.
: It'll be OK, Chris. Remember that episode of The Honeymooners
when Ralph lost his job but didn't get it back? Peter
: Yeah, why was that? That bugged the crap out of me.
- Male Gaze: The Black Knight has a really attractive girlfriend and we're given a few close-ups of her cleavage.
- The Oldest Profession: Peter as a prostitute.
- Raging Stiffie: Upon seeing the Black Knight's beautiful girlfriend, Peter and the rest of the knights make their approval heard by their erect penises hitting their armor one-by-one and making a loud "Ding!" Mort, meanwhile, just looks around awkwardly and says "Ding!"