In this Christmas Episode
, Peter tries to get Lois' father, Carter, into the spirit while Stewie finds a way to get Brian back and prevent his death.
Examples that appear in this episode (YMMV goes here):
- The Bus Came Back: Brian (though, considering that Stewie prevents Brian from dying, it's more like "The Bus Never Left the Station")
- Call Back: A one-off cutaway from "Life of Brian" depicting Stewie jumping forward in time to get a Christmas toy early becomes very important to the plot.
- Funny Background Event: See Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds.
- The Grinch: Carter
- Groin Attack: Brian gets from Stewie after being saved by Future Stewie.
- Half Way Plot Switch: The first half has Peter teaching Carter the holiday spirit, the second half being about Stewie getting Brian back, but considering that the first half has already been resolved, it doesn't matter anyway.
- "Home Alone" Antics and Too Soon: Parodied in a cutaway gag, showing what would happen if the robbers in the trope namer were smart. The episode came on the day after the one year anniversary of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, which caught the ire of the Parents' Television Council (who already attack Seth MacFarlane and his shows for being offensive, indecent, and foul).
- Humiliation Conga/Laser-Guided Karma: Carter suffer this.
- Retgone: Due to his actions, Future!Stewie gets erased from existence for saving Brian, leaving only Brian with the knowledge of what would have happened.
- Sequel Episode: This continues the arc from "Life of Brian".
- Set Right What Once Went Wrong: Stewie ends up going back in time to save Brian from getting ran over by a car.
- Home Alone: What if it had intelligent criminals who are wise to any possible deterrents?
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Vinnie. He only appeared for less than 2 and a half episodes, and after the end of this one, he may never appear again. Then again he may be Demoted to Extra.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Stewie. After Brian's death in "Life of Brian", he definitely is a potential Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds, especially in this scene.