Recap / Family Guy S 12 E 21 Chap Stewie
Stewie goes back in time and fixes it so that way he'll never be born to the Griffin family, but he soon finds he's been born to a Downton Abbey
-esque British family in an alternate timeline.
Tropes associated with this episode include:
- Brick Joke: While in the alternate timeline, Stewie accidentally shoots a British baby, who then challenges him to a duel come dawn. At the end, the baby finally finds Stewie and shoots him.
- British Stuffiness
- Double Standard: Rape, Female on Male: How Stewie was conceived in the alternate timeline - an incident which was not remarked the slightest bit.
- Calvinball: UNGA BUNGA!
- Expy: Stewie is watching The Cadwalliders of Essex, which is an in-universe version of Downton Abbey. A whole host of copycats is also mentioned.
- Failed a Spot Check: Somehow Stewie managed to stay in the past for about two weeks without anyone noticing.
- High-Pressure Emotion: Stewie, during his temper tantrum over Chris and Peter destroying the TV.
- Formerly hell-bent on killing Lois for the first few seasons of Family Guy, Stewie fails to mention Lois in his rant against the Griffins.
- Stewie couldn't go back in time to save Brian's life after the seemingly permanent destruction of his time machine. Now that it's fully back to normal with no given explanation, Brian was the first to notice and point out that Stewie swore off time travel.
- Jerk Ass: Stewie's British family especially the brothers.
- Mood Whiplash: Stewie's tantrum when Peter and Chris break the TV can be pretty heartbreaking to watch. Until he bites Lois, throws a picture against the wall, and headbutts Meg hard enough to break her nose, that is.
- Normal Fish in a Tiny Pond: Zigzagged; Stewie is a technological genius that builds time machines and weather control devices but in the new timeline he can't keep up with his new family's Passive-Aggressive Kombat or come up with effective insults.
- No Sympathy: Stewie stops himself from changing his timeline but is pinned by a the stage light from Peter's show. The Stewie he stopped declines to put in the effort to get him from under it, as it is very heavy and he'll be Ret Gone soon anyway.
- Ripple Effect-Proof Memory: The baby that comes for Stewie at the end even though that timeline was erased.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: "And one superfluous employee I am not a homosexual relationship with".
- Take That!: At Downton Abbey for being dry and boring. Stewie notes that the latest episode is the fastest-moving one yet.
- Theme Naming: Jaden and Aidan
- Your Head A-Splode: Chris' reaction from stumbling onto Peter's porn collection.