Recap: Family Guy S 12 E 20 Hes Blaack
Now that The Cleveland Show has been canceled, Cleveland moves back to Quahog, and takes his family with him. But when Lois and Donna have a fight and forbid their husbands from being friends, Peter and Cleveland must set things right between the two.
Tropes associated with this episode include:
- Brick Joke: Peter notes that he and Cleveland won every three-legged race except that time they lost to two guys who each had a leg missing so that ran like one person. Said guys beat them at the race.
- The Bus Came Back: Cleveland and Cleveland Jr. … and they've brought along Donna, Roberta and Rollo from Stoolbend.
- Feud Episode
- Overly Long Gag: Peter and Cleveland communicating with each other at night by using flashlight light code to communicate with each other, followed by Quagmire joining in to tell them to knock it off because his latest date has epilepsy (but then to keep going as the epileptic seizures are great for his bedroom performance).
- Moral Guardians: Peter attempts to exploit this trope to get Lois and Donna to reconcile. He says that women will band together to stop an offensive piece of art from being shown, so he sets up a canvas with pictures of baby penises to set them off, but Cleveland calls Peter out for being in possession of child pornography, and probably has for many years.
- The Reason You Suck: Donna does this several times to Lois (and by extension, the Griffin family) when Donna spanks Stewie for a prank he pulled on Rollo and Lois confronts her about it.
- Take That: The jokes about The Cleveland Show being mediocre (the phallic logo, the mostly-white writers penning a show about a black family, the lack of a coherent audience, Tim the Bear's voice actor being changed from Seth MacFarlane to Jess Harnell, and losing in the ratings to Bob's Burgers).
- Stewie calling Rallo a Boondocks rip-off.
- Unfortunate Implications: Stewie notes that Lois referring to the Browns as "that Brown family" has more racist implications than intended due to their skin color.