When Peter takes Meg to a college interview, the two finally bond over partying. Meanwhile, Brian is forced to live outside after being sprayed by a skunk.
Tropes associated with this episode include:
- Badass Beard: Brian grows one while living outside.
- Distant Finale: It ends with Meg giving a narrative about how she ended up getting into college, but was teased mercilessly and got an STD her first year.
- Healing Factor: After Peter's hand gets severed by a bridge, not only does he regrow a new hand, but the severed hand grows into a clone of him.
My name is Retep
and I am evil.
- Misleading Title: Not only is it not a Meg bashing episode, but it's not even Meg who ends up literally stinking, though this can be forgiven as the title is a reference to the J. Geils Band song "Love Stinks" and it combines both the A-story and the B-story in a subtle, clever way.
- The J. Geils Band's 1981 hit "Love Stinks!"
- Also to Castaway (Brian living outside and growing a shaggy beard)
- Smelly Skunk: The basis of the B-plot.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Brian's storyline, which plays a fairly prominent role in the episode's first half, ends up becoming almost forgotten in the second half of the episode.
- Twist Ending: The B-Plot. Adam West has been watching the whole thing through a snow globe.