Recap / Family Guy S 10 E 23 Internal Affairs
May 20, 2012
At the Clam, Peter and Quagmire see a news report of another successful bust by Joe. After congratulating him, Joe invites them to a party to celebrate. As Peter starts to back out in his car, he hits a car belonging to Ernie, the giant chicken, setting off another fight. During their fight ,they land on Stewie's time pad and fight their way across time itself, eventually ending up in a genetic research lab and in space. Crashing back to earth on an oil rig, they continue to fight. Their fight destroys the oil rig and Ernie is roasted by the rocket engines. But as Peter struggles to shore, Ernie shows he continues to live.
Back home, Bonnie is not impressed by Joe's achievements. At the party, he meets Nora who is taken in by him and she kisses him. Telling the guys at the Clam, the guys tell him he should get even with Bonnie for her infidelity in “Foreign Affairs”. The next day, Nora tries to apologize, but when Bonnie misdials Joe and stops talking, Joe decides to take advantage of Nora, taking her to the handicapped stall getaway he has, although he is physically unable to consummate the relationship. The next day, Joe admits feeling guilty but Bonnie overhears and reveals that she never actually cheated in France. As they fight over each other's faults, they both decide to divorce.
Back home, the Griffins also fight over their involvement in the Swanson's split. Over drinks, Joe reminisces to Peter about how he met Bonnie when she was a stripper. Inspired, Peter proposes recreating the meeting to get them together. At the Fuzzy Clam, Peter places a call to Joe who rushes to the scene, as they meet, they hear their song. As they they apologize, Bonnie offers a lap dance, but Joe gives her one instead and they agree to forgive each other over time.
"Internal Affairs". contains examples of (YMMV Goes Here):
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Bonnie.
- Happy Ending Override: Joe should remember being there at Paris to successfully stop Bonnie from going through with her affair, but...nope, he doesn't.
- Hypocrite: Bonnie criticizes Joe for cheating on her, but was about to cheat on him as well in "Foreign Affairs". Lampshaded by Joe during their fight.
- No Indoor Voice: Joe.
- Sequel Episode: To "Foreign Affairs".
- The Unfair Sex: Deconstructed. Bonnie is pissed at Joe for cheating on her, but Joe calls her out for being an overall bitch to him. He's even the one who demands a divorce.