Daria babysits for two sheltered children when Quinn bails so she can go on a date.
This episode provides examples of:
- Corrupt the Cutie: Daria questions the fallacy of the kid's indoctrination. The boy runs away crying and the girl pulls her hair and calls her mean. She and Jane then read them twisted versions of fairy tales and give them world advice.
- Crapsaccharine World: The Gupte's house.
- Curse Cut Short: Daria and Jane teach the kids new lyrics to their self-esteem song. Their parents catch them singing it later:"I am cool and that is it, and everyone else is full of -""Tad! Tricia!"
- Fractured Fairy Tale: Daria and Jane tell these sorts to the kids.
- Hitler Ate Sugar: The trope naming episode itself. Daria's charges remind her that too much sugar is bad for you, ending with the reasoning that "Hitler ate sugar."
- Lesser of Two Evils: Daria only agrees to take Quinn's babysitting job because it's not as bad as going to her mother's workshop.