Recap: Avatar: The Last Airbender "The Day of Black Sun, Part 1"
"I already failed the world once at Ba Sing Se; I won't let myself fail again."
The day of the eclipse has arrived. The invasion party assembles, bringing back some old, familiar faces, and everyone prepares for the coming battle. Using submarines and tanks built by The Mechanist to infiltrate, the invasion is started: Aang heads to the capital to face Fire Lord Ozai, while the invasion force starts battling its way up the city docks and heads for the capital on foot, hoping to secure the defenses by the time the eclipse ends.
- Action Film, Quiet Drama Scene: Preparations for the invasion are interspersed with scenes of Zuko making his own preparations to leave.
- Brick Joke: The snack compartment in the glider.
- The Bus Came Back: Various characters that the kids had met on their travels return to help with the invasion: Teo and The Mechanist, The Boulder and Hippo, the Swampbenders, etc.
- Car Fu: Sokka steers a bomb-filled truck into a gate before jumping clear.
- Disorganized Outline Speech: Sokka's attempt at briefing everyone on the invasion plan.