Recap: Avatar: The Last Airbender "The Day of Black Sun, Part 1"
- "I already failed the world once at Ba Sing Se; I won't let myself fail again."
- Action Film, Quiet Drama Scene: Preparations for the invasion are interspersed with scenes of Zuko making his own preparations to leave.
- The scene of Aang's Now or Never Kiss is also a very memorable example.
- Brick Joke: The snack compartment in the glider.
- The Bus Came Back: Various characters that the kids had met on their travels return to help with the invasion: Teo and The Mechanist, The Boulder and Hippo, the Swampbenders, etc.
- Car Fu: Sokka steers a bomb-filled truck into a gate before jumping clear.
- Disorganized Outline Speech: Sokka's attempt at briefing everyone on the invasion plan.
- Gondor Calls for Aid
- Ice-Cream Koan:Huu: Pants are an illusion and so is death.
- Important Haircut: Before they leave for the invasion, Aang shaves off the hair that had been hiding his tattoo.
- Magitek: The submarines and the tanks are propelled by bending and steered mechanically.
- Now or Never Kiss: Aang, realising he might not return, kisses Katara just before he leaves, effectively revealing his feelings to her.
- Post-Kiss Catatonia: The above causes this for Katara.
- Rousing Speech: After Sokka fails miserably at this, his father takes over and shows everyone how it's done.
- "Shut Up" Kiss: Aang's Now or Never Kiss with Katara is also one of these.
- Toilet Humor: Subverted. Huu says he's been gone to answer the call of nature... by which he means that he needed to find a lot of seaweed.
- Your Enemy Is In Another Fortress: Aang charges into the throne room ready for his Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny against the Big Bad Evil Overlord... and he's not there.