Recap / Avatar: The Last Airbender "Jet"
"We can't win without making some sacrifices."
The gang is ambushed by a Fire Nation camp (or rather, they walk straight into it) but are saved by a young man named Jet and his band of rebel freedom fighters. Katara and Aang are immediately drawn to Jet's charismatic leadership. Sokka, however, is suspicious, partly because he distrusts his sister's affection for him, and because of his own jealousy. As they band together to help fight the Fire Nation, however, it begins to seem as though Jet truly isn't what he seems.
- Little Sister Instinct: When Katara thinks Jet has killed Sokka, she flips out.
- Big Damn Heroes: No one's gonna believe Sokka about Jet? Fine, he'll save the villagers himself.
- Cassandra Truth: Sokka experiences this while trying to convince Katara and Aang that Jet isn't as good as he seems to be.
- Character Witness: The old man Sokka saves from Jet and the other Freedom Fighters.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Sokka
- Empathy Doll Shot: Subverted. When the town gets flooded, we're treated to a somber shot of a doll floating in the aftermath. Shortly after, the doll is picked up by its owner. Turns out the town was evacuated in the nick of time, and no one drowned.
- First Kiss: According to Avatar Extras, Katara gets hers from Jet.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: When the flood starts, you can see cabbages in the village just before they're swamped.
- He Who Fights Monsters: Jet
- Laser-Guided Karma: Aang throws some explosive at Momo as a joke. So Momo climbs on Aang's shoulder while taking some of the same explosives and throws them at Aang's feet.
- Sokka protects the old man that Jet and his friends have attacked. The old man vouches for him when he tries to warn the village about what Jet plans to do.
- Non-Indicative Name: Pipsqueak is the largest of the Freedom Fighters. Meanwhile, The Duke rides on his shoulders.
- One-Word Title
- Silent Bob: Longshot.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Jet wants to defeat the Fire Nation army, and with good reason; however, he is willing to harm innocent civilians to get the job done.
- You Can't Make an Omelette...: Jet doesn't care about collateral damage in his fight against the Fire Nation, even if said collateral damage are innocent civilians.
- You Monster!: Katara calls Jet a monster after the destruction of the village.