: A society with serious
issues, thus not a nice place to live in
- Straight: Central Committee Directorate of Ubiquitousanti is a place where every individual must obey the government or else they will be executed.
- Exaggerated: Central Committee Directorate of Ubiquitousanti is a decaying Big Brother Is Watching regime where the society is already in a world where war is constant, the population is only barely sustained by food and any non-governmental infrastructure is missing. In addition, no one has a free will and are mind-controlled to do exactly what they are ordered to, and the slightest deviation of thought will lead to Room 101. No Sex Allowed, and every inhabitant must love the Dictator absolutely, has to go through daily torture sequence and is expendable.
- Downplayed: Some people are fighting the problems that are plaguing Ubiquitousanti, with a modicum of successes. Even the CCD has (admittedly few) decent people in it who try to minimize the damage caused by the government. There exists an underground network that strives to keep the people informed.
- Dystopia is established to defeat a greater evil or bring order to an overly chaos-infested society and is somehow just a little bit better than what it replaced.
- Or, instead of existing to combat any specific problem, they were just trying to create a Utopia and it went horribly wrong.
- It's somebody's mental world while under mental fatigue, stress or depression, and thus appears to be this trope.
- This world is the result of somebody who made a wish that they would rule, and horribly flubbed things up.
- Inverted: Utopia
- Subverted: Jack visits Central Committee Directorate of Ubiquitousanti, fearing that it will have dystopian society. However, it turns out to be a normal place and its name is just an Artifact Title from darker times in the recent past.
- Double Subverted:
- Jack visits Central Committee Directorate of Ubiquitousanti, fearing that it will have dystopian society. At first though, everything seems that it's actually a nice place to live. Then he finds out that if he leaves the most commonly visited places, it is a terrible place to live.
- Government-caused Crapsaccharine World.
- Jack visits Central Committee Directorate of Ubiquitousanti fearing it will be a Dystopian society but soon realises that the entire infrastucture is made of up people too stupid to be evil and quickly either A) is arrested and sent through the silly justice system, B) takes over a small part of the society for his own goals, C) Is enlisted to solve a problem the Dystopia is not equipped to deal with or D) attempts to prevent this Dystopia with applied time travel phlebontium.
- The government is bureaucratic and corrupt to the point that a single typo can send innocent people to Room 101.... and forced to pay for it.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: The government has its fair share of good and bad.
- Invoked: An Evil Overlord plans to Take Over the World to institute one of these.
- Exploited: Erich lives in Central Committee Directorate of Ubiquitousanti. Jack wants him dead so he'll use Central Committee Directorate of Ubiquitousanti's very strict laws to frame him for not obeying the Directorate.
- Defied: Earlier in the history of Ubiquitousanti, the founding fathers created a constitution that (explicitly or not) prevent the country from ever becoming a Dystopia. It's effective.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Central Committee Directorate of Ubiquitousanti is so powerful that nothing can ever challenge it. The author shows that if nothing can challenge it, there isn't any Conflict and no real plot can happen.
- The CCDU is so omnipresent and totalitarian that it becomes expensive and difficult to maintain, while the lack of free will between the inhabitants halts progress and causes everything to decay, with the infrastructure waiting to fail from a single natural disaster and natural human desire to resist anything that is against their well-being. Also, the Powers That Be are becoming The Starscreams to each other. It risks being toppled due to corruption, infighting and lack of funds.
- Someone then makes a series about Central Committee Directorate of Ubiquitousanti which is between Slice of Life genre and Ubiquitousanti fighting against natural disasters.
- The Powers That Be are aware of the risks and thus know that they're better off together than fighting amongst themselves. They fight against natural disasters and use various underhanded methods such as drugs, and Bread and Circuses to maintain control over the masses.
- Played For Drama: Ubiquitousanti as a setting for Cyber Punk.
Back to Dystopia
, Prole. Remember, His Nibs' address is at 17:30; viewing is Compulsory.