Playing With: Animal Wrongs Group
Basic Trope: Animal Rights group does not care how many humans they hurt/insult so long as the animals are OK
Back To Animal Wrongs Group
- Straight: Animal Rights Group BAABY (Because Animals Are Better than You) Threaten to blow up animal vivisection laboratories, protest at zoos, circuses and fast food restaurants and generally seem to care more about animals than people
- BAABY plans to kill off all humans—-including themselves—- so animals can live in harmony.
- BAABY members actually transform themselves into animals/werewolves/forest elves/whatever because they hate anything related to the meat-eating, animal-torturing humans so much.
- BAABY has some extremist members, but most are sane.
- While the members of BAABY never resort to violence, they do use blackmail, harassment, and other underhanded tactics.
- Unfortunately truth in television, some Animal Rights Activists really are this extreme.
- BAABY aren't just targeting random animals to protest. They are targeting certain animals that happen to be held. Because of the nature of the animals, BAABY willing come off as extremists to hide the nature of what they are doing from those who would use the animals in a way that would cause great suffering.
- Inverted: Cruella to Animals.
- Subverted: Our Hero runs into some animal rights activists, at first he expects them to be nut jobs, but they actually turn out to be pretty nice people.
- Double Subverted:
- But then the hero starts eating a salami sandwich, then they go crazy.
- They were just pretending to be nice.
- Parodied: The Agents of BAABY seem a little too fond of animals, The Founder of the group was seen flirting with an polar bear, and one woman member says she wants to marry her pet turtle.
- Zig Zagged: Some animal rights activists are quite nice, but some... not so much.
- There are animal right activists, but none of them go to extreme lengths.
- Or, there are no animal rights activists at all, not even mentioned.
- The director does not like the extreme animal rights activists and thinks they are crazy.
- The writers are trying to send the message that it's okay to love animals, just don't be like these nutcases about it.
- Lampshaded: "If you love animals so much why don't you marry one?!"
- Invoked: Adam decides to found an animal rights group that he thinks will be more effective than existing ones.
- Exploited: The Big Bad knows the reputation BAABY has and either coerces the group or has agents imbedded within to commit crimes for his benefit, causing BAABY to take the blame as a distraction for the heroes.
- Defied: The activists try their best not to be extreme on protecting animals, and try to talk nicely to people who thinks otherwise.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "Oh, please. Organizations like that don't exist in Real Life ... or do they?"
- Deconstructed: The attacks against fellow man do not go unnoticed by the media, and the organization is caught and shut down.
- Reconstructed: Another group takes their place, showing that there will still be people to carry out harm against humanity in favor of animals.
- Played For Laughs: The members of BAABY are an animal obsessed cult, who worships a cow and threatening to bomb all Burger Fools.
- Played For Drama: Animal rights activists storm a laboratory, liberating all the animals within. One member comes to a cage with some sickly monkeys inside. A scientist warns the activist that those monkeys contain a genetically engineered virus that could doom the human race to extinction, to which the activist merely smirks and says "Perfect!"
Back To Animal Wrongs Group