: A suit of armor that moves around on its own.
- Straight: Alice and Bob defeat a suit of armor, and then they realize nobody was in the armor.
- Exaggerated: Every inaminate object moves around on its own.
- Downplayed: ???
- Someone was controlling the armor with magic.
- The armor is possessed by a ghost.
- No Body Left Behind
- Inverted: A paralyzed knight is useful to suits of armor because they can share his knowledge of combat and tactics.
- Subverted: Alice and Bob defeat a suit of armor, and find someone inside.
- Double Subverted:
- Alice and Bob defeat a suit of armor, and find someone inside. It was just a trick of the light; there was nobody inside in the first place.
- Or: The guy inside the armor was just a decoy / hostage. As soon as they remove it from him, the armor reassembles itself and starts fighting again.
- Parodied: Alice and Bob walk into a room and find some suits of armor smoking, drinking, and partying around.
- Zig Zagged: The Dark lord hires all kinds of beings into his army, and they all wear the same armor, so it's impossible to tell who is a person and who is just an empty shell.
- Averted: There is someone in the suit of armor, or the armor just doesn't move.
- Enforced: The author finds the idea of animated armours cool.
- Lampshaded: "One of these suits will attack us."
- A squidlike robot spying on a Medieval Stasis planet with magic uses this as a disguise to hide the presence of advanced technology.
- The Big Bad orders his wizards to enchant all the suits of armor so that they attack the Hero.
- Exploited: The Hero sets up traps around suits of armor so that if they animate, they'll be destroyed once they move.
- Defied: Alice and Bob immediatly destroy all suits of armor so that they don't animate.
- Discussed: "20 gold says that suit of armor will attack us."
- Conversed: "Isn't it obvious the armor will attack the heroes?"
- Deconstructed: The lack of anything inside the suit of armor results in them being laughably easy to defeat thanks to their low mass.
- Reconstructed: Realizing this critical weakness, the suit of armor decided to fill it's empty cavity with as many guns as will fit.
- Played For Laughs: A suit of armor is fully aware of what he is, but attepts to do normal, everyday things. Hilarity Ensues.
- Played For Drama: The soul of Bob's brother, Chuck, possesses a suit of armor. Chuck tries to reach Bob, but he keeps running away in fear of an animated armor. When Chuck is finally able to tell him who he really is, Bob can't believe any of it due to his shock of Chuck passing away, but eventually he sets off to find an item that will let his brother rest in peace.
Armor attacked you! Cast Animated Armor