Ourumov: "What are you doing?!"GoldenEye is a Licensed Pinball Table released in 1996 by Sega Pinball. It was designed by Ward Pemberton, with visuals by longtime pinball artist Paul Faris.As the title indicates, this game is based on the 1995 James Bond movie starring Pierce Brosnan. As Bond, the player must stop the international terrorist Janus from using the old Soviet GoldenEye satellite to destroy London's financial markets. Opposing him are the sexy but deadly Xenia Onatopp, the Soviet Colonel General Arkady Ourumov, and Janus himself. Infiltrate a Soviet nerve gas plant, engage in shootouts with guards, hack Janus' computers, detonate Q's exploding pen, then pop up the jump ramp to capture a pinball in the satellite dish. Complete all five 007 Encounters, and you might be able to activate GoldenEye itself for a five-ball scoring frenzy.
The GoldenEye pinball game demonstrates the following tropes:
- Bond Gun Barrel: Seen on the backbox speakers and the sides of the cabinet.
- Combos: Make consecutive ramp shots to score the combo bonus, starting at 10 million and increasing by 2 million for each consecutive shot.
- Cower Power: Done by Natalya on the playfield.
- Dark Chick: Xenia Onatopp.
- Deadly Gas: The "Nerve Gas Plant" Encounter.
- Easter Egg: The game starts with James Bond walking in front of the display, then turning to shoot at the player. If you pull the trigger to fire first, various silly animations appear, including...
- Anvil on Head: Bond gets crushed by a falling pinball machine.
- Big Head Mode: Bond is chased away by Xenia's giant head.
- Everything's Better with Cows: A cow chases Bond offscreen.
- Ludicrous Gibs: Bond explodes into tiny bits.
- The Nudifier: Bond's clothes suddenly fall off, leaving him in his shorts.
- Quick Draw: Bond falls over, dead.
- Shout-Out: A T-Rex from Jurassic Park chases Bond.
- Hollywood Hacking: The "Send Spike" Encounter, where you shoot ramps to send "spikes" and make connections to cities around the world.
- Just in Time: "Eject Or Die", where a magnetic ball saver prevents your ball from draining down the outlanes. The ball is then flung back into play, and you have six seconds to hit the Center Eject Target... or else your ball is over.
- Murderous Thighs: The Xenia Encounter, where she squeezes the Naval Captain to death with her thighs.
- Off Model: Due to licensing issues, the likeness of some of the movie's actors are off to varying degrees.
- Painting the Medium: The ball launcher is Bond's Walther PPK pistol grip.
- The Pen Is Mightier: "Q's Pen", where you must shoot the Pen target three times to get it to explode.
- Ramp Jump: Occurs when shooting the satellite dish, which causes a ramp to temporarily pop up in front of it.
- Real Song Theme Tune
- Spelling Bonus: 0-0-7 increases the bonus multiplier, while G-O-L-D-E-N-E-Y-E is needed to reach the Wizard Mode.
- Tank Goodness: "Tank Multiball".
- Wizard Mode: "*GOLDENEYE!*", complete with asterisks and exclamation point. It is available after finishing all 007 Encounters, detonating Q's Pen, and spelling both 007 and GOLDENEYE. This is a five-ball frenzy where you get 3 million for each shot and 20 million for each ramp. Drained pinballs are returned to the game if you can make enough shots.