Ben Kenobi: There was nothing you could have done, Luke, had you been there. You'd have been killed too.
- The sight of the charred corpses of Owen and Beru (shown right). It is very briefly shown in the movie itself; you could easily miss it; but once you actually do see it, you can never unsee it.
- The IT-O interrogator droid used to interrogate Leia. Interesting euphemism, "interrogator droid". The radio adaptation actually shows us Vader's mind probe-assisted interrogation of Leia, and it's terrifying. First, he tries to convince her he's another rebel who needs to know where the Death Star plans are, before just causing her horrible pain.
- During this moment in the NPR version, Vader attempts to invoke her loyalty to her father. If you've seen the movies and know the truth, it's rather chilling.
- The fact that it's her FATHER who's torturing her(not that the two knew yet).
- The dianoga (the creature in the trash compactor).
- Ben Kenobi slicing off a patron's hand in the Mos Eisley Cantina, mostly because of how it's one of the few scenes in the whole saga where we actually see blood, plus said patron's realistic reaction to being de-handed.