Mr Fanservice: Western Animation
Examples in Western Animation for Mr. Fanservice.
- Justin and Alejandro from Total Drama Island. They both have enough Shirtless Scenes to go around.
- Not to mention the gem in "Sweden Sour", where Alejandro rips off his shirt and starts using his entire body to move the boat.
- In one episode of TDWT, Alejandro wears a speedo.
- Ulrich Stern of Code Lyoko. Let's see...several Shirtless Scenes, Troubled, but Cute, Big Man on Campus without even trying, at least two Modesty Towel scenes, Sensual Spandex Lyoko form in Season 4, Tall, Dark and Snarky...it really is no wonder he's a total Chick Magnet in universe and out.
- Kevin from Ben 10: Alien Force. His clothes are regularly torn and tattered in fights.
- Stork from Storm Hawks appears in his underwear, in a towel, cross-dressed as a woman, and nude in Season 2.
- Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm: Liu Kang, a Walking Shirtless Scene.
- Henry on The Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan, in a way. He's dressed very conservatively (except in the comic version of Episode 3), but his pants are rather tight and he's drawn as being the "hunk" of the boys. Plus there's his voice.
- The extremely studmuffin-y Jack from Samurai Jack took off his clothes or had them tattered and ripped off in his many battles more often than was strictly necessary. Like anyone was complaining.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender has Prince Zuko. Though he may not have been intended as such at first, the creators quickly caught on and lampshaded the hell out of his Mr. Fanservice status in the second and third seasons.
- The Legend of Korra has Mako, who, unlike Zuko, seems completely intended to be one from the beginning, as he's actually had more outfit changes than Korra and his scenes normally include a lot of unnecessary panning and posturing. Even the creators, his bio on the Nickelodeon website and his voice actor make it a point to mention that Mako is good-looking.
- In The Secret Saturdays, Doyle Blackwell is Zak's Cool Uncle who is a mysterious but loving badboy with sarcasm and a jetpack. He is also the only male in existence who can pull of a ginger mullet-mohawk combo.
- Many female viewers who aren't part of the Furry Fandom find the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to be hot, their bulging muscles, their acrobatic grace...The fact that their not just Walking Shirtless Scenes but also walking pantless scenes as well and each one has a unique personality that draws you in. Do you like the dutiful Leonardo? The Adorkable Donatello? The Hothead Raphael? Or the Keet Michelangelo?
- Lance from Sym-Bionic Titan, in-universe and out. Even the robot noticed. He also has a really adorable smile.
- Terry, Batman's successor, in Batman Beyond. Similarly to Ulrich above, he's a supreme Pretty Boy, is Troubled, but Cute and gets quite a few Shirtless Scenes. If the writers were trying to get more female viewers, it worked.
- In Young Justice, Superboy is a much straighter example. Events go out of their way to make sure he loses his shirt somehow, and he plays up many different Fanservice tropes.