"This is the story of Lilo Ai. She is the last of the vampire on the plant"Bloodline (血族) a Manhua made and first released in 2009. A huge dark fantasy story involving battles between vampires and Church forces.In the story, there is a group of vampires part of a family known as the "Bloodline clan", which is capable to turning human beings into vampires. Humans can easily gain such powers by writing an envelope with three large 6's and final wish inside. But it's important to not abuse them or otherwise the deal is off and the dealers would be eaten instead.It chronologically begins with a war that started long ago between vampires and a Church-like organization known as the Shengdi (圣地 "Holy Land"). One of the veterans from the continuous war is Last, who is now one of the few vampires of "Bloodline" and his daughter, Lilo I is the last descendant.She had a dream of living a human life one birthday after living for nearly 500 years and Last hoped to make such a thing happen. Too bad such a dream is becoming hard to realize. Especially when she has the Shengdi trying to kill her and anyone else who tries to help. When several incidents occur with the Shengdi that results in Last's disappearance along with her friends and servants.For three years, Lilo wanders alone with her companions missing. She recruits the young vampire hunter wannabe Ye Ren and Cute Ghost Girl Ye Lai, who are preparing to contract with her. After a fateful and bloody encounter with the Shengdi forces targeting Ye Lai, Lilo saves and recruits Ye Ren as her servant. Tired of running and determined to find her father and her place in society, she and her new allies prepare to fight the Shengdi.The series is written by Ai Ou (artist/author of Infinity Game) and drawn by SuA link for information (in Mandarin) is here.In July 2014, a card game came out for the series.Troper Disclosure: All of the works are in Chinese. Tropes may be missing or inaccurate.
- Calling Your Attacks: Both the Shengdi and anyone who uses sorcery. The Shengdi name their abilities "Nianren".
- Cool Airship: The Shengdi are in control of massive flying airships with its logos and Bible quotes written on the sides.
- Crapsack World: Being the last of your kind with soldiers from the Church, who could be anyone like your classmates, trying to kill you would sure put you in this trope. At least you have some human and non-human friends though.
- Cute Ghost Girl: Ye Lai
- Dangerous More Than 500 Years Birthday: A birthday wish of living a normal life is hard to come true.
- Drop the Hammer: A standard weapon for many of the Shengdi. Most particularly for Leng Sha, which has a built-in cannon.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Last and Lilo don't use their Bloodline trait to turn people into vampires who want it for granted.
- Fanservice: Along with many other characters not found in the series, many female characters of the Shengdi and their opposition get more Stripperiffic outfits.
- Gratuitous English: See up top for an example.
- Kill the Cutie: The unexpected death of Ye Lai adds a great Tear Jerker.
- Lighter and Softer: The card game becomes this for the darker manhua series. With lots of new characters, many with Fanservice, and some characters coming back with new powers.
- Magic Knight: Many characters from vampires to the Shengdi.
- Meaningful Name: Like in most Chinese names, several characters, when translated into English, have this trope somewhat.
- Leng Sha: Cold Sand
- Posui Nangua: Smashing Pumpkins
- Ying Yen: Hawkeye
- Several Shengdi nuns have names pronounced like their given numbers (I.e. Ling Can is #03, Ling Er is #02, etc.)
- More Than Mind Control: The Shengdi's heavenly appearances cover for their Knight Templar personas. Their antagonizing of enemies like "Bloodline" also makes it easy to convince Hui Zhe to join them.
- Our Vampires Are Different: They follow most stereotypes about vampires in regards to weaknesses and such. But the only big difference is that they're not actually evil. In this series, the Shengdi are the real villains.
- Power Limiter: Shengdi member, Posui Nangua has cuffs to keep him from using his powers at a maximum.
- Product Placement: A number of products in real life are found in the series.
- 03 listens to an iPod.
- The Shengdi pursuers visit a KFC during their hunt.
- Starter Villain: Leng Sha, disguised as Fei Hong.
- Stripperiffic: Not in the manhua, but the coming card game will has many new characters coming with these outfits. And that goes for both the Shengdi and their enemies.
- Time Skip: The prequels to Bloodline exist about three years before the current series.
- Back from the Dead: In the card game, many characters come back, have upgrades, or both. One notable example is Ye Lai, who once was just a Cute Monster Girl and Sacrificial Lamb is now capable of fighting with sound-based attacks.
- The Unpronouncable: Calling Your Attacks results in having strange sayings for used abilities. However, one could figure out the names by finding patterns. If not, then translate the Chinese.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Family members of the Bloodline clan like any kind of food that's red- tomatoes and watermelon- even though many are unable to eat it.