"This is the story of Lilo Ai. She is the last of the vampire on the plant"
Bloodline (血族) a Manhua made and first released in 2009. A huge dark fantasy story involving battles between vampires and Church forces.
The story chronologically begins with a war that started long ago between vampires and a Church-like organization known as the Shengdi (圣地 "Holy Land"). One of the veterans from the continuous war is Last, who is now one of the few vampires to have the "Bloodline", which is capable to turning human beings into vampires. Lilo I is said to be the last descendant with the Bloodline trait. She had a dream of living a human life one birthday after living for nearly 500 years and Last hoped to make such a thing happen.Too bad such a dream is becoming hard to realize.
Especially when she has the Shengdi trying to kill her and anyone else who tries to help.
When several incidents occur with the Shengdi that results in Last's disappearance along with her friends and servants. For three years, Lilo goes out, recruiting the young vampire hunter Ye Ren and Cute Ghost Girl
Ye Lai, to find her father, defeat the Shengdi, and look for her place in society.
The series is written by Ai Ou (artist/author of Infinity Game
) and drawn by Su
A link for information (in Mandarin) is here.Troper Disclosure:
All of the works are in Chinese. Tropes may be missing or inaccurate.
- And Then John Was a Zombie: Whether a vampire hunter or an innocent bystander, any human who nearly gets killed by the Shengdi results into being a vampire by Lilo in act of desperation.
- Calling Your Attacks: Both the Shengdi and anyone who uses sorcery. The Shengdi name their abilities "Nianren".
- Cool Airship: The Shengdi are in control of massive flying airships with its logos and Bible quotes written on the sides.
- Crapsack World: Being the last of your kind with soldiers from the Church, who could be anyone like your classmates, trying to kill you would sure put you in this trope. At least you have some human and non-human friends though.
- Cute Ghost Girl: Ye Lai
- Dangerous More Than 500 Years Birthday: A birthday wish of living a normal life is hard to come true.
- Drop the Hammer: A standard weapon for many of the Shengdi. Most particularly for Leng Sha, which has a built-in cannon.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Last and Lilo don't use their Bloodline trait to turn people into vampires who want it for granted.
- Five-Man Band:
- The Blood Clan is composed of this.
- Lilo with her companions.
- Five-Bad Band: The Shengdi has this currently.
- Big Bad: The War Princess or Eternal Princess of Theocratic War, the one who's currently commanding the force hunting Lilo.
- The Dragon: Ling Can, one of the most experienced and often the one who fights.
- Evil Genius: Ying Yen, can protect himself, even when fouced on electronics and music.
- The Brute: Posui Nangua, he has magical power so strong, even Lilo had to run from him. He needs a Power Limiter to be kept in check as part of his pumishment.
- The Dark Chick: Ling Er, sort of. She's mostly a cleanup girl for the ship, making her more of the Tagalong Kid.
- Gratuitous English: Attacks, starting with Bloody Violent Chain.
- Kill the Cutie: The unexpected death of Ye Lai adds a great Tear Jerker.
- Magic Knight: Many characters from vampires to the Shengdi.
- Meaningful Name: Like in most Chinese names, several characters, when translated into English, have this trope somewhat.
- Leng Sha: Cold Sand
- Posui Nangua: Smashing Pumpkins
- Ying Yen: Hawkeye
- Several Shengdi nuns have names pronounced like their given numbers (I.e. Ling Can is #03, Ling Er is #02, etc.)
- Power Limiter: Shengdi member, Posui Nangua has cuffs to keep him from using his powers at a maximum.
- Starter Villain: Leng Sha, disguised as Fei Hong.
- Time Skip: The prequels to Bloodline exist about three years before the current series.
- The Unpronouncable: Calling Your Attacks results in having strange sayings for used abilities. However, one could figure out the names by finding patterns. If not, then translate the Chinese.