There is an option now on your profile page
to use "compact" folders. This works pretty well for phone users and others who like less scrolling.
Long Wei, a Brilliant, but Lazy
high school student accidentally gets pulled into an out-of-world church in which he is claimed to be "Dungeon Master"/God of another world, where he has supreme control and do whatever he wishes.
There to help him is an amnesiac girl, Dwarven Defender 00 (D.D.) (previously Trishia), who is the Sole Survivor
from the previous DM, who drove all the previous occupants insane
and forced them to kill one another
- for some reason Trishia was unaffected. After destroying the world he created, he took her emotions and memories away, telling her to wait for the next DM and gave up his title.
Long Wei decides to make a fun game out of this, to escape his boring school life but worlds are difficult to create, so instead he creates a program that creates infinite blocks to save him the trouble. He also discovers that DMs must obey eleven rules; the seventh is the one he has a problem with: DMs are not allowed to enter the alternative world and are only allowed to control it unlimitedly from the church.
Hating this idea, he creates the game and resigns his DM status so he can play inside instead - stating that whoever wins the game gets to become the new DM. Intending to win, Long Wei enters the game after attracting attention from fellow students and erases D.D.'s knowledge of the identity of the DM.
Except a Computer Virus
has entered the program after starting internally from the game causing people to start dying. While trying to protect himself from the killer game, Long Wei must also discover who set up the virus.
It was written and drawn by Ai Ou (author of Bloodline
) and completed at two volumes - with a completed fan translation.
- Accidental Misnaming: Lu Xiao doesn't like being called Piju.
- Action Girl: D.D., Meibo, the female members of the RPG Society and multiple of the Dwarven Defenders Long Wei creates at the end.
- Adjusting Your Glasses: Meibo does it by the bridge.
- Amnesiac Hero: D.D. only remembers that she needs to serve the next DM and how the game works.
- Amusing Injuries: Hai An impaled with chalk and bloodied after being attacked by Meibo.
- And the Adventure Continues: Just for Long Wei, as he needs to completely take over the alternative world before leaving.
- The Atoner: Hai An after accidentally blinding Meibo in one eye, which is why he's constantly kind to her.
- Back from the Dead: Long Wei made it so that when a person is killed in the game, they return to real life unharmed. Unfortunately the bug/virus stops that. D.D. informs him that it's possible for the new god to bring them back afterwards. When the RPG Society enter the world to infect it with their previous world, the cast becomes unpersoned. To bring them back to life, Long Wei has to take over the world where their bodies were and can only bring them back once. If he loses dominance, then all of the revived people (his group and the dead RPG Society members) will be dead again and he wouldn't be able to do anything. So he has to stay and fight, until he has 100% control before he can leave himself.
- Barehanded Blade Block: The previous DM did this to D.D. when she attacked him after he killed her sister, with his forefinger against her laser sword.
- Bare Your Midriff: Meibo's thief outfit.
- Battle Ballgown: D.D.'s battle outfit.
- Beta Couple: Hai An and Lu Xiao.
- BFS: Lu Xiao calls forth a sword that is at least twenty feet tall.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: The incantation to transform. "<class>, Go!"
- Calling Your Attacks: Meibo is fond of these: "Chalk Breaker!" "Chalk of the Ancient World!"
- Chekhov's Gun: D.D.'s maid uniform, as it's something Long Wei created he can use it to make an incredibly tiny world only he can control so he can begin to fight back against the RPG Society.
- Class Representative: Meibo is the class rep.
- Clothing Damage: The back of D.D.'s outfit is completely destroyed when she uses her Combat Tentacles to defeat the surrounding enemies. She changes into another outfit after Long Wei heals her.
- Combat Medic: Long Wei's class.
- Combat Tentacles: D.D. has a set that she can't control that destroy all the monsters in the area when they're about to kill the cast. Several monsters have them later, such as the one that kills Lu Xiao.
- Creator Breakdown: In the author comments, Ai Ou said that he wrote chapter 1.5 (D.D.'s/Trishia's backstory) after attending a funeral and apologised if it was a little dark.
- Cute Witch: Lu Xiao's class.
- Cyborg: Trishia/D.D. is turned into one.
- Dead Hand Shot: Hai An's death.
- Dead Hat Shot: Subverted. We see Lu Xiao's hat, but she isn't dead yet.
- Death Is Cheap: Originally intended by Long Wei, but the virus changes this.
- The Determinator: D.D., the only one uneffected by the curse/insanity, carries her mad sister, Yilia, through the war to the church in hopes of a cure. The previous DM states this is something he admires in her and is why he spares her.
- Did Not Get the Girl: Long Wei and Lu Xiao don't end together, though it's abiguous if the former had any romantic feelings for the latter.
- Distant Finale: It first appears that it's Meibo singing during karaoke, but it's actually her and Hai An's child and Lu Xiao is actually an adult.
- Don't Try This at Home: "Danger, do not imitate this action" when Meibo is attacking Hai An with chalk.
- Drop the Hammer: Long Wei's weapon (though he never uses it).
- Exact Words: D.D. said the world had been infected internally. She forgot to say internally by her.
- The Faceless: The previous DM.
- Fighter, Mage, Thief:
- D.D. introduces classes to the team so they can survive the game, after it's been infected and potentionally dangerous. Hai An is the paladin (though he never uses magic), Lu Xiao is the black mage/Long Wei is the cleric and Meibo is the thief.
- The RPG Society: Xia Sheng Xue is the cleric, Yue Bo Cheng is the wizard, Xia Yun is the barbarian, who all have their powers in the real world.
- Floating Platforms: Lots of them, everywhere. The "Floating City" is really a collection of floating platforms and the team need to use an anti-gravity spell to reach.
- Flower in Her Hair: Trishia's younger sister has some in her hair in a flashback.
- Foreshadowing: D.D.'s strange behaviour. She's slowly being corrupted with a virus from the RPG Society. They don't have complete control of her until the game is over.
- French Maid Outfit: Trishia/D.D. turns her clothes into a maid's uniform when Long Wei is testing the alternative world, trying to see if it's a trap.
- Game Master: "Dungeon Master" has unlimited power in the world they create. So, when the RPG society start to erase Long Wei's world, Long Wei loses power and can't save the people who end up in the "previous"/erased world.
- Girlish Pigtails: Xia Yun, the youngest RPG Society member, has a pair.
- Go On Without Me: Lu Xiao says this to the others when they go to the floating "city", but not before kissing Long Wei.
- Happily Married: Hai An and Meibo, with a child.
- Heroic BSOD: Meibo has one upon entering the game and is snapped out of it by Long Wei saying that her cooking is terrible.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Hai An walks across a mine field, so when Meibo crosses she has a path to take.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: The deaths of Lu Xiao (by a monster) and Meibo (murdered by D.D, taken over by Yue Bo Cheng).
- Improbable Weapon User:
- Meibo uses chalk. While it first appears this is an Improvised Weapon from when she's in the classroom, she apparently carries boxes of chalk around with her and is able to break down doors with it.
- The team kills the first monster with a Ronald McDonald statue.
- In-Series Nickname:
- "Puji" for Lu Xiao Qing by Long Wei.
- "Chalk girl" for Meibo by Long Wei and Hai An refers to her as "Boss".
- Instant Costume Change: When the cast transforms into their class outfits.
- Language of Magic: How spells work.
- Laser Blade: The people inside the previous game are shown to have used these. D.D. still has hers and uses them to kill Meibo.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia:
- D.D.'s memories from the previous DM and later when Long Wei has her forget who the DM is.
- Long Wei takes out everybody's memories of the game and himself when he sends them back to the real world, as he had to send them home right then otherwise it would be fifty years in the future and they would have nowhere to go back to - while he's stuck fighting the RPG Society.
- Last Kiss: Between Long Wei and Lu Xiao, which doubles as a first kiss.
- Lonely Together: Lu Xiao's desire to be with Long Wei is born out of this, as she believes he might be able to understand her as he's lonely as well.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Hai An, when he transforms into a Paladin.
- Mad God: The previous DM.
- Mirror Monologue: A flashback shows that Lu Xiao did this in an attempt to get enough courage to ask Long Wei to be her friend before the start of the story.
- Mission Control Is Off Its Meds: During the games, D.D., who becomes partly the guide for the characters, often repeats a few sentences in addition to her corruption.
D.D.: Damn, it's a high level monster! It seems that after the corruption, the monsters have kept multiplying and their level have also kept increasing!...Damn, it's a high level monster! It seems that after the corruption, the monsters have kept multiplying and their levels have also kept increasing!
- The Mole: Somebody in the game infected the alternative world with a virus from the inside. It was D.D., after being taken over by RPG Society, but Lu Xiao is falsely accused of this, much to her dismay.
- My God, What Have I Done?:
- Long Wei starts feeling like this when people start dying in the game and can't escape. While he set it all up so it was all safe and the virus was not his fault, he still blames himself.
- Hai An in a flashback when he learns that he's accidentally blinded Meibo in one eye.
- Nice Hat: Lu Xiao's witch hat, which has an eyeball in it.
- Ordinary High-School Student: All of them.
- The Paladin: Hai An
- Purely Aesthetic Glasses: Meibo only wears glasses so she can look smart.
- Ret Gone: When players from the previous world were eradicated, nobody besides other players remember them as the other world supported their existence. When the RPG Society start to replace the current "alternative" world with their old one (so their friends would be de-eradicated) Long Wei's friends start being unpersons. The only result from the end of the series is for Long Wei to fail and they all become eradicated or he defeats the RPG Society and they become eradicated.
- Robe and Wizard Hat: Lu Xiao's witch costume.
- Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies/Kill 'em All: The previous DM ended the game by wiping it completely clean, killing everybody in the process. Both the NPCs and players who were inside at the time.
- The Runaway: No doubt how Long Wei's disappearance at the end was viewed (as the game memories were erased from the others), as he wasn't ret-goned but vanished without a trace.
- Scary Shiny Glasses: Meibo does this when she's trying to be threatening, it usually works.
- Long Wei is seen reading Bloodline in the library.
- One of Long Wei's D.D.s looks very much like Black★Rock Shooter.
- During the fight against the first monster, Meibo gives the "bleh" expression reminiscent to that Haruhi Suzumiya.
- Spell Book: Lu Xiao has one when she becomes a witch and eventually loses it in a battle.
- Spit Take: Meibo upon seeing Long Wei's school results - all of them are "79".
- Stalker with a Crush: A minor example: Lu Xiao towards Long Wei, while she's got a collection of photographs she's taken of him when he's asleep in the library that's all she's done and genuinely means well. She Cannot Spit It Out that she has a crush on him.
- Stripperiffic: Meibo's thief outfit: Thighhigh Boots, a Dangerously Short Skirt, Bare Your Midriff shirt, a bare back, and Detached Sleeves.
Lu Xiao: "You're dressed like an exhibitionist."
- Trademark Favorite Food: Long Wei and strawberries.
- Trapped in Another World: The cast end up trapped in the world after the virus stops them from escaping. In the end, everybody except Long Wei escapes, as he needs to get 100% control over the world before he can leave (otherwise everybody else will die again) which is estimated to take fifty years.
- The Unreveal: The identity of the previous DM, why D.D. was unaffected by the insanity and the other rules a DM must obey.
- Voiceover Letter: In the final chapter, subverted. It's revealed Long Wei is writting his diary as though it's a letter to Lu Xiao and she's reading a menu.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: The RPG Society. They want their friends back to life but don't care about any of the cast and don't care if they get eradicated.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: The previous DM was insane.
- Year Outside, Hour Inside: At the end, it's revealed that the RPG society have slowed down the flow of time so while it's a short time for Long Wei fighting the RPG society in the game world, everybody else has grown up.
- Your Mind Makes It Real: Death is made permanent by the virus - if you die in the game, you die in real life and no longer exist in any way.