is a 74-episode anime
series based on a original Manga
series created by Fujiko F. Fujio of Doraemon
fame. Directed by Tetsuya Endo, the anime was broadcast on TV Tokyo between October 3, 1995 and March 31, 1997.
The story of Mojacko revolves around Amano Sorao, his childhood friend Miki, and various misadventures with their alien friend Mojacko and his Robot Butler Donmo. Later, Mojacko's younger siblings Mojari and Mojaru join the gang, with Mojacko's Worthy Opponent
Momonja adding to the hijinks as the story goes further.
Helping Mojacko return home, treasure hunts and various other adventures await them in this rather whimsical series.
Oddly, while Mojacko came first before Doraemon, Doraemon had an anime series and several movies even before Mojacko's first animated episode.
(Needs a Better Description
, that it does.)
This anime/manga contains the following tropes:
- Cool Ship: Gonzuke and the probe.
- Expy: Contrary to popular belief that Mojacko is Doraemon's expy, Fujiko penned Mojacko first before Doraemon - also a case of Marth Debuted in Smash Bros..
- Humongous Mecha: Gonzuke
- Make Me Wanna Shout: When Mojaru cries.
- Mundane Made Awesome:
- The first story arc was all meant for the computer on board Mojacko's spaceship to have a color display.
- Also epic space potato planting.
- Ninja: Momonja.
- No Name Given: At least in the Filipino dub, Sorao's parents are referred to as "Daddy" and "Mommy", nothing more.
- Overly Long Name: Mojacko.
- Planet of Hats: The gang usually had trips to one, for example, a planet of thieves, a Vegas-like planet, a planet that resembles cram school, and so on.
- Real Men Wear Pink: The space pirate episode.
- Serious Business: Gonzuke again, this time regarding space potatoes.
- Shrinking Violet: Momonja, to the point where he gets Taken for Granite near his crush.
- The Power of Friendship
- Transforming Mecha: Gonzuke yet again.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Water at room temperature.
- Wholesome Crossdresser:
- The space pirate again.
- Donmo also likes to do this every now and then.