TV Tropes Needs Your Help
View Kickstarter Project
Big things are happening on TV Tropes! New admins, new designs, fewer ads, mobile versions, beta testing opportunities, thematic discovery engine, fun trope tools and toys, and much more - Learn how to help here
and discuss here
Manga: Little Jumper
Hiroki Ichinose is just another Ordinary High-School Student
, trying to get a date to spice up his summer. After getting his ass kicked because he gave three girls love letters at the same time
, he gets jumped on his way home and narrowly escapes capture by a mysterious woman, only to find her partner has already taken his parents hostage. Before he can get any answers on who they are or what they want, a giant machine comes out of nowhere and melts away, leaving only a mysterious naked girl who quickly reveals herself to be a Time Traveler
hellbent to save her mother: the future Mrs.
This manga contains examples of:
- A-Cup Angst: Chimari hates it when Kozakura calls her flat.
- Alternative Calendar: The story mostly takes place in the present year 0007 INLC. Chimari and other Rebuilts are from the future year 0024 INLC.
- An Arm and a Leg: Chimari breaks off Saeko's left arm in chapter 9.
- Area of Effect: Chimari's Shockwave is this but it tires her out using it.
- Arm Cannon: Kozakura of Public Security's mostly used transformation.
- Big Eater: Chimari pulls this in chapter 4, only to discover she can't handle it.
- Chimari remembers that when she was younger her mom had a big fight with Hiroki and afterwards took her to 5 or 6 places to eat.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Chimari does not like the idea of her father going out with other girls, despite him not even knowing who her mother is.
- Conspicuous Trenchcoat: Public Security's robot mooks are often in them.
- Cyber Cyclops: Public Security's robot mooks.
- Delinquents: Haruka, Hiroki's mom, was once one.
- Disappeared Dad: Ichinose himself... er, that is his Future-Self.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Chimari is not used to how things work in the year 0007 INLC.
- In ch. 17, Hiroki also has to deal with this trope after he gets tossed into the future.
- Future Badass: The 'dog girl' from Hiroki's school club uses the knowledge of the future that he brings back as a Stable Time Loop to make herself the head of a major world religion-slash-terrorist-group centered around her power of 'prophecy'.
- Girlish Pigtails: Saeko Himura's hairstyle.
- Healing Factor: Rebuilts can repair themselves, though it takes awhile.
- Heroes Love Dogs: Chimari loves Shiba-Inus.
- How Do I Shoot Web: Chimari at first has trouble using her Recovery Disk to use her Rebuilt powers and had some Power Incontinence when she is emotional.
- In chapter 4, Chief Fuwa of Public Security teaches her how to access her Recovery Disk to access her Reset Button to help her stomachache after she ate too much.
- Incest Subtext: Constantly lampshaded by Hiroki for the first two volumes. Even after "Ai-san" - the UN timecop chasing everyone - makes her appearance, it takes an entire volume before she confirms that Hiroki is not Chimari's father, and another volume before her future self admits that she is Chimari's mother; the result of a Techno-Mystical Pregnancy induced by a malfunctioning time machine.
- Intangible Man: The Rebuilts can cause their body to go through objects due to their bodies are a collection of unstable particles; as long as there is an absence of electromagnetic fields.
- An ability Hiroki makes good use of after he gets tossed into the future.
- Idiot Ball: Seems to be an Ichinose family heirloom, as Hiroki's mother points out.
- Idiot Hero: Both Hiroki and Chimari qualifies.
- Insistent Terminology: Hiroki's mother insists Chimari not call her grandma.
- Iron Butt Monkey: Kozakura
- Kid from the Future: Chimari
- Man Bites Man: Hiroki does this to Kozakura's arm in chapter 2.
- Mecha-Mooks: The Public Security has them.
- Megane: Chief Fuwa of Public Security.
- Meganekko: Koizumi, one of Hiroki's female friends.
- Mini-Mecha: The UN Forces' agent, Nakamura, time traveled in one.
- Naked First Impression: "Ai-san" to Hiroki, in the process confirming herself as Chimari's mother via a unique birthmark - three moles on her chest in a symmetrical pattern.
- Naked on Arrival: Chimari, the mysterious time-traveling girl, arrives sans clothing when her Time Jumper fuses with her.
- Which also happens to Hiroki after he gets thrown into the future.
- No Waterproofing in the Future: Even if it is from 17 years into the future, cola still short-circuits machines.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: In the future, knowing someone's nickname makes their real name unnecessary. Chimari's mother is known as "Ai"-sannote .
- Our Time Travel Is Different: So far, all we know is that it involves huge machines (Time Jumpers) that integrate with the traveler.
- According to in-story rumors, females have a higher percentage of survival rate compared to males (females, 70%; males, 45%).
- Reset Button: The Rebuilt apparently have one integrated.
- Secret Keeper: Hiroki's friends eventually.
- Shoulder Cannon: Saeko has this as a weapon.
- The Slow Path: Public Security puts their arrested time traveling criminals in Cryopods to bring them back to their epoch.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Chimari insists she's "not some suspicious character or anything", almost immediately after emerging from the huge torrent of light and sound that the Time Jumper makes.
- Swiss Army Appendage: Pretty much the Rebuilts' whole bodies can be modified to draw out a system of their Time Jumper.
- This Is a Drill: One of Chimari's Rebuilt abilities, and they are attached to the ends of Combat Tentacles. They can also be fired as missiles.
- Time Police: The Public Security (according to chapter 2, its full title is "City Police Department, Temporal Security Division") and the UN Forces. It's recently been revealed that Chimari's mother might actually be one of the agents who was sent back to apprehend her. That would nicely explain why the records are so spotty.
- Time Travel Romance
- Twenty Minutes into the Future: Chimari, the Rebuilts, and the Public Security are from 17 years into it.
- Apparently, We Will Not Need Legal Names In The Future.
- Unwitting Pawn: Shiratori, one of Hiroki's female friends, became one to Takuru Narusawa in chapter 7.
- What Year Is This?: Chimari asked Hiroki this in chapter 1.
- Hiroki also asks this in chapter 17 after he gets thrown into the future.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Saeko has this.