Manga: Iketeru Futari
Iketeru Futari is a very long-running manga series that debuted in 1997 and ended in 2010. It details the life of Saji Keisuke, a typical high school student, desperate for a love life. For some reason, one day, he "borrows" his father's cell phone. He received an anonymous message telling him to meet a girl named "Alice" that night. Alice describes herself as a beautiful brown-haired student, willing to get paid for certain activities. When he gets there, he finds a girl that fits the description getting harrassed by various men, but realizes her voice isn't the same one he heard on the phone. When Saji notices a girl laughing, he talks to her and recognizes her voice, realising out she sets up the calls to laugh at dirty old men. The girl's name is Koizumi Akira, a blue-haired, flat, short girl who goes to the same school as Saji. Distressed that someone found her secret, she takes Saji on a walk around town, where he buys her a small ring. As thanks, she has sex with him, giving up her virginity in the process.Drawn by Koizumi's mysterious life and cute body, and the fact that she was the first girl to jump his bones, Saji falls madly in love with her. What follows next is a 30+ volume work where Saji has to convince Koizumi that she feels the same way for him. However, she is a Tsundere of the harshest type, and refuses to admit she has feelings for him. Meanwhile, Saji has to deal with a big-breasted jealous childhood friend, a homosexual young boy in love with him, a boy/girl twin duo both in love with Koizumi, and much more.The manga is quite explicit. Bare breasts can
occasionally regularly be seen, and there is a fair bit LOT of fanservice. Sex scenes are explicit but not graphic or drawn out, most notably the opening chapter. A short, (as in 7 minutes per episode for 16 episode) anime series was released. It kept the humor and story of the early chapters but toned down the sexual references for broadcast (even Saji and Koizumi's first time was reduced to just a date). Despite the series' popularity in Japan, neither the manga or the anime has been translated into English yet. But, the anime and manga can easily be found online.
Provides Examples Of:
- Amusing Injuries
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: Averted.
- Beach Episode: A small arc where one of Saji's friends has a brother who lets the gang come with his friends for an army game. They end up kidnapping the girls, leading to a desperate rescue to get them back. Hilarity ensues.
- Big Damn Heroes: In the manga Saji rescues Koizumi a few times from nasty situations ranging from bullying girls to outright rape.
- Bi the Way: Koizumi isn't really a lesbian, but she's not averse to lesbian-like activities from time to time.
- Bowdlerise: All the actual sex was removed from the anime -Saji and Koizumi didn't even have their first kiss until episode 9- although it was still pretty ecchi.
- Call On Me: Applied by Koizumi several times, since she knows Saji is always following her around.
- Caught the Heart on His Sleeve: Koizumi does this once or twice, usually when she finally drops her tough-girl attitude.
- Caught with Your Pants Down: A really rare positive example. Arigase catches a boy fantasizing about her in her swimsuit, and is so flattered that she decides to help him finish. They started going out after that.
- Covert Pervert: Koizumi does enjoy sex. She does not like anyone knowing that however.
- Does Not Like Men: Koizumi has rumours to this effect surrounding her at the start of the series, with some people even wondering if she's a lesbian. Truth be told she has dabbled a bit, but she doesn't really hate men, she's just outrageously Tsundere.
- Dude, She's Like, in a Coma!: Saji lets Kozumi give him a hand job when she is sick. He ends up catching her cold.
- Enjo Kosai: Koizumi and Misa ran a circle of girls who engaged in Enjo Kosai-like activities, being careful to make sure things never went too far. Rumours ended up circulating at school that she was doing the whole thing. An Enjo Kosai-based prank was also how Koizumi ended up meeting Saji.
- Expy: Urawa and Kuwabara have a strong resemblance to Makoto Hyuga and Shigeru Aoba, which is amusing given that Koizumi looks like Rei Ayanami.
- Funbag Airbag
- Gag Boobs: Yuki first meets Koizumi when Koizumi walks into her back while holding a stack of books in front of her face. Hilarity Ensues at 3:50. ...wow...
- Huge Schoolgirl: Even though guys drool over her, Yuki constantly worries that small, cute girls like Koizumi are more popular.
- I Didn't Mean To Turn You On: In one scene, Saji is holding on to Amakau's leg begging for help and his hair is prickling her thigh. She keeps saying it hurts, but when he stops, she has a rather satisfied look on her face.
- I'll Kill You!: Koizumi. Constantly!
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Although he's dedicated to Koizumi, Saji is a shameless pervert. Despite that you can't help but like him and neither can Koizumi.
- One Head Taller: Saji is only normal height but he towers over Koizumi. Yuki wonders if that's part of her appeal. Perhaps most blatantly illustrated here.
- Panty Shot
- Rei Ayanami Expy: Subverted. Koizumi has red eyes and blue hair. That's where the similarities end. She's an Akane-level Tsundere, just to begin with.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: Misa and Kuroki.
- Shout-Out: With both Saji and Akira are in bed two times, means that they are ready once again before Third Impact.
- Stalking Is Love
- The Tease: Koizumi is good at this when she feels like it.
- Those Two Guys: Urawa and Kuwabara.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Amakasu and Arigase.
- Tsundere: In this field, Koizumi could rival any character by Rie Kugimiya.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: Poor Yuki.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Sakurai-kun again.