Dash Kappei is a manga/anime created by Noboru Rokuda, first published in 1980 in Weekly Shōnen Sunday and later adapted into a 65-episode anime. Itís one of the first parodies of the sports manga genre from the 80's.The story is about a very short but incredibly athletic student named Kappei Sakamoto. Despite his stature, he decides to join the basketball team of his school and quickly becomes the star player and admired by everyone, including Akane, a pretty Girl Next Door and Kappeiís love interest. Perhaps, one of Kappeiís most notable quirks is his obsession with girls and their panties, preferably white.The anime is also known as Gigi la Trottola in the Italian Dub and Chicho Terremoto in the Spanish dub.
This series provides examples of:
- The Ace: Kappei isnít talented just at basketball, he actually excels at every sport he tries.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Despite all his silly antics, facial expressions, and short stature, Kappei is the most clever and skilled player of the team and always comes up with strategies that surprisingly work.
- Fetish: Kappei has a fetish for white female underwear.
- Kavorka Man: Kappei is popular with girls despite being an overly goofy, perverted and rather obnoxious midget who likes to lift girlsí skirts to see their panties. Justified in his case because heís a star athlete.
- Lady Killer In Love: Kappei when it comes to Akane, as he genuinely loves her.
- NaÔve Everygirl: Akane.
- The Rival: Akaneís dog Seiichiro, who competes with Kappei for Akaneís love.
- Talking Animal: Akaneís talking dog Seiichiro, though only Kappei can understand him.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: Akane is much taller than Kappei. Ironically, her Jerk Jock ex-boyfriend was a giant.
- Toilet Humor: A lot. Many gags were disgusting, like game strategies involving excessive sweating or nose boogers.
- Training from Hell: How Kappei became so good at sports, because in his childhood he was trained by a Drill Sergeant Nasty of an abusive grandfather.