"Grace be with you all. Amen"Crossfire
follows the adventures of Moe
Yumiko Tagaki, and gun-toting Bifauxnen
Heinkel Wolfe, agents of The Men in Black
-style Vatican Section XIII, also known as the Iscariot Organization. In their efforts to administer divine punishment, they slash and slaughter through three chapters of bloodshed and violence.
Unlike the Hellsing Organization, Iscariot works to eliminate every threat (Active or not.) to Catholicism. Pagans, heathens, and the like are immediately demoted to sub-human status
and killed indiscriminately. Heinkel can get by with her gun skills but Yumiko, who oddly is a very sweet and gentle soul, has to revert to her much more bloodthirsty half
, Yumie, when she has to get down to business. Needless to say, the end results aren't pretty after these two are done.
Iscariot operates under the presumption that it is
God's instrument of divine punishment, and the cheerful spirit of this dogma can also be found in Hellsing's version of Section XIII.Crossfire
exists as an extra in the first three Hellsing
volumes, but Word of God
has said that it is not part of Hellsing canon
(though oddly the characters do show up in that series).
Not to be confused with the CNN
This show provides examples of:
- A Day in the Limelight: Heinkel and Yumie are completely minor characters in the main Hellsing plotline.
- Anime Catholicism: The basis of the entire plot.
- Antihero: Iscariot as a whole.
- Ascended Extra: The main characters.
- Ax-Crazy: Yumie.
- Badass Longcoat: Heinkel.
- Berserk Button: Yumiko's glasses.
- Black Comedy: Oh Yes!
- Gray and Black Morality: Iscariot's regular massacres aren't exactly justified, but their enemies are Obviously Evil.
- Comedic Sociopath: Yumie and Heinkel.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Gloriously inverted with Heinkel, but played straight with Maxwell.
- Expy: Mr. Ridgeway is a notorious example.
- Guns Akimbo: Heinkel.
- Conservation of Ninjutsu: Added to the Principle Of Evil Marksmanship this makes for excellent Plot Armour!
- Katanas Are Just Better: Yumie wields one, and those people won't miss their limbs.
- Knowledge Broker: The Ridgeway Company: "We sell weapons, ammunition, information, etc, to the highest bidder."
- Pistol Pose: The opening artwork.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: A staple of conversation, and used gratuitously.
- Scary Shiny Glasses: Something of a visual motif for Heinkel, and Maxwell.
- Slasher Smile: Yumie, in her first appearance no less!
- Split Personality: Yumiko breezes between a gentle girl and Yumie, a crazed and violent zealot.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Yumie.
- Thirteen Is Unlucky: Yeah, for everyone else that is.
- Too Dumb to Live: The cultists, and their "Messiah".
- Western Terrorists: East German Former Regime Personnel fight the protagonists.
- Wunza Plot: One's an nun, one's an assassin, they kill in the name of God.
- You Can Keep Her: A terrorist holds a gun to a priest's head. They say to go ahead because he should be willing to die for his faith. The priest survives but doesn't take it well.