open/close all folders
- In the book (but not the movie) Forrest Gump, Forrest briefly becomes an astronaut.
- Howard on The Big Bang Theory has an arc in which he goes to the International Space Station.
- Larry on NUMB3RS goes to the ISS for several months.
- In The Teaser to one episode of Get Smart Da Chief and Max have a quick meeting on the moon, saying that now that NASA has reached the moon they'll have to find another place to hold their top-secret meetings.
- Seven Days has an episode where a space station crash results in the on-board radioactive material causing hundreds, if not thousands, of people to be poisoned. The Sphere is modified for space travel, and Parker is sent back to just before the disaster. He docks with the space station and attempts to help (without any orbital training, mind you). The episode has a Bittersweet Ending, though. The day is saved, but all astronauts die, usually via Heroic Sacrifice.
- NewsRadio did a "what if" episode that took place in space.
- Final Fantasy VIII has several of the characters briefly travel to a space station.
- Both No One Lives Forever games had space station levels.
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 Expansion Pack "Yuri's Revenge" featured a mission on the moon.
- In the iOS game Highborn, the last mission of chapter 2 takes place on the moon.
- The mission "Zero Gravity" in Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere marks the single time in the entire series that the player was allowed out of the atmosphere.
- Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2
- Angry Birds Space re-creates the game with an outer space motif, changing the birds and their abilities and introducing new challenges like gravity wells.
- World 9 of Super Monkey Ball 2 is set in outer space, outside a space colony. World 10 is set inside it.
- In Chapter 7 of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Mario heads to the Moon, as the X-Nauts' base is there.
- Mario would travel into space again in Super Paper Mario: Chapter 4's door leads into open space, and the bulk of the chapter consists of Mario attempting to find solid ground.
- The Mega Man (Classic) series has Mega Man go into space a few times, but Mega Man 3 and Mega Man V had him do so for most of it (not that you could tell from playing the former outside of Gemini Man's stage).
- Phineas and Ferb have gone into space at least twice. Both episodes were twice as long as usual.
- The Simpsons episode "Deep Space Homer" has Homer and Barney both selected for astronaut training. Homer is ultimately sent into space (and makes the mission fail, of course).
- Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers go into space in one episode to save an endangered crew of astronauts.
- Both "Starvin' Marvin in Space" and "Cancelled" of South Park involve the main characters going to extra terrestrial worlds.
Stan: My God, do you guys realize? This is only the second time we've ever been in outer space.Kyle: Yeah.Kenny: Awesome.Cartman: This is like my fifth time.
- The ''Cars Toons'' "UFM: Unidentified Flying Mater" and "Moon Mater."
- The 101 Dalmatians: The Series episode "Out to Launch"
- There were three episodes of the second season of Inspector Gadget where Gadget had to go into space to stop MAD.
- Most MacGuffins in Jackie Chan Adventures are earthbound—however, one of them is a demon portal located at the halfway point between the Earth and the Moon, and the episode is about Jackie trying to reach it before his adversaries do.
- In the Jimmy Two-Shoes episode "Rocket Jimmy", Jimmy sneaks on to Lucius' rocket to fulfill his dream of going to the Moon while Lucius wants to defeat a supposed moon monster. To put it simply, it does not go well for Lucius thanks to Jimmy's antics.
- SpongeBob SquarePants In the episode "Sandy's Rocket", SpongeBob and Patrick interfere with Sandy's plans to fly to the moon. That may be why she is wary of bringing him along in the season 8 episode "Mooncation".