Smoking Barrel Blowout
Blowing out the smoke out of the barrel of the gun after a shot. May be parodied with gun-like objects, such as a Finger Gun, or with objects such as blowtorches. Especially common with The Gunslingers in Western movies, as modern ammunition is less smoky. Compare Swipe Your Blade Off.
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
Film - Live Action
- Done by Ace Ventura, with a skunk's ass.
- Inverted in Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels; after the protagonists successfully steal the stolen money and marijuana from their neighbors, they're seen using the shotguns they used for the job as "a novelty smoking device for tobacco use only" during a party montage, thus breathing in the smoke, rather than blow it out.
- Ash does this to his shotgun after shooting a demon that escaped from its holding pit in Army of Darkness.
- John McClane does this at the end of Die Hard when he caps Hans.
- Tank Girl: Jet Girl does this after she shoots Sergeant Small.
- Also done in The Mask, on a cartoon bike horn, after blowing out an obnoxious motorist's windows. All of them.
- Will Scarlet O'Hara from Robin Hood: Men in Tights blows off the smoke from the two daggers he had just used to obliterate an arrow fired by Robin straight at his heart. In an attempt to keep looking Bad Ass, he tries to holter/sheath his daggers, only to have his belt and pants to fall, causing Will to explain that he hasn't figured that part out yet.
- Done by the one-legged stripper in Planet Terror. Unusual in that the gun she blows on is an automatic rifle attached to her stump.
- Ricky does this in Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2 after the first kill in his Garbage Day massacre.
- In Austin Powers: International Man Of Mystery, the fembots do this with their Torpedo Tits.
- Both used dramaticly and parodied in Paprika.
Live Action Television
- In Team Fortress 2 the Heavy does this with his Finger Gun taunt, and The Engineer has this as his Pistol and Wrangler taunts.
- Vent does this in a comic that was based off of the first Mega Man ZX Video Game.
- Sonic the Hedgehog does this with a magic lamp in Sonic and the Secret Rings after imprisoning Erazor Djinn within it; a flame on the end prompts him to raised it to his face and blow out out like a gun.
- Fievel does it on An American Tail: Fievel Goes West. As a clever touch, the smoke looks like a cat about to shoot him.
- In The Little Mermaid II film, Morgana does this with the trident after returning her minion to normal size.
- Meadow does this with her wand in Lite Sprites after a bit of impressive color-giving.
- Twilight Sparkle does this after a particularly intense bit of spellcasting. Using her horn.
- Cedric does this in Sofia the First: Once Upon a Princess.