Blowing out the smoke out of the barrel of the gun after a shot. May be parodied with gun-like objects, such as a Finger Gun
, or with objects such as blowtorches. Especially common with The Gunslingers
movies, as modern ammunition is less smoky.
Compare Swipe Your Blade Off
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Captain Gundam does this after shooting out all of Commander Sazabi's beam shooters. Interestingly, as a robot, he doesn't have actual breath.
Film - Live Action
- Done by Ace Ventura, with a skunk's ass.
- Inverted in Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels; after the protagonists successfully steal the stolen money and marijuana from their neighbors, they're seen using the shotguns they used for the job as "a novelty smoking device for tobacco use only" during a party montage, thus breathing in the smoke, rather than blow it out.
- Ash does this to his shotgun after shooting a demon that escaped from its holding pit in Army of Darkness.
- John McClane does this at the end of Die Hard when he caps Hans.
- Tank Girl: Jet Girl does this after she shoots Sergeant Small.
- Also done in The Mask, on a cartoon bike horn, after blowing out an obnoxious motorist's windows. All of them.
- Will Scarlet O'Hara from Robin Hood: Men in Tights blows off the smoke from the two daggers he had just used to obliterate an arrow fired by Robin straight at his heart. In an attempt to keep looking Bad Ass, he tries to holter/sheath his daggers, only to have his belt and pants to fall, causing Will to explain that he hasn't figured that part out yet.
- Done by the one-legged stripper in Planet Terror. Unusual in that the gun she blows on is an automatic rifle attached to her stump.
- Ricky does this in Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2 after the first kill in his Garbage Day massacre.
- In Austin Powers: International Man Of Mystery, the fembots do this with their Torpedo Tits.
- Both used dramaticly and parodied in Paprika.
Live Action Television