open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- SD Gundam Force: Captain Gundam mimic the move after shooting out all of Commander Sazabi's beam shooters. Interestingly, as a robot, he doesn't have actual breath.
Films — Animation
- Fievel does it on An American Tail: Fievel Goes West. As a clever touch, the smoke looks like a cat about to shoot him.
- In The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea film, Morgana does this with the trident after returning her minion to normal size.
- Cora from Ratchet & Clank does this after firing her Combuster pistols in a PR demonstration in front of a crowd in Alerro City.
Films — Live-Action
- Ace Ventura: Done by Ace Ventura with a skunk's ass.
- Inverted in Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels; after the protagonists successfully steal the stolen money and marijuana from their neighbors, they're seen using the shotguns they used for the job as "a novelty smoking device for tobacco use only" during a party montage, thus breathing in the smoke, rather than blow it out.
- Ash does this to his shotgun after shooting a demon that escaped from its holding pit in Army of Darkness.
- John McClane does this at the end of Die Hard when he caps Hans.
- Tank Girl: Jet Girl does this after she shoots Sergeant Small.
- Also done in The Mask, on a cartoon bike horn, after blowing out an obnoxious motorist's windows. All of them.
- Will Scarlet O'Hara from Robin Hood: Men in Tights blows off the smoke from the two daggers he had just used to obliterate an arrow fired by Robin straight at his heart. In an attempt to keep looking badass, he tries to holter/sheath his daggers, only to have his belt and pants to fall, causing Will to explain that he hasn't figured that part out yet.
- Done by the one-legged stripper in Planet Terror. Unusual in that the gun she blows on is an automatic rifle attached to her stump.
- Ricky does this in Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2 after the first kill in his Garbage Day massacre.
- In Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, the fembots do this with their Torpedo Tits.
- Inverted in Deadpool; after capping three mooks with one bullet, Deadpool snorts the smoke coming from his guns.
- In Innerspace, Igoe blows his Finger Gun out after shooting the lab scientist at the mall.
- In How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, Martha May Whoivier does this with the cannon-like apparatus she uses to hang lights on her house.
- Both used dramatically and parodied in Paprika.
- Perdita Ortega of Malifaux has an alternate sculpt where she does this.
- In Team Fortress 2 the Heavy does this with his Finger Gun taunt, and The Engineer has this as his Pistol and Wrangler taunts.
- Vent does this in a comic that was based off of the first Mega Man ZX Video Game.
- Sonic the Hedgehog does this with a magic lamp in Sonic and the Secret Rings after imprisoning Erazor Djinn within it; a flame on the end prompts him to raised it to his face and blow out out like a gun.
- In Mortal Kombat X, Cassie Cage does this in her non-Fatality finish.
- Hit enough people with the secondary fire of the revolver in Postal 2: Paradise Lost and the Postal Dude will do this afterwards.
- In Devil May Cry 3 Dante does this after finishing off Nevan with a bullet to the gut.
- Meadow does this with her wand in Lite Sprites after a bit of impressive color-giving.
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic: Twilight Sparkle does this after a particularly intense bit of spellcasting. Using her horn.
- Cedric does this in Sofia the First: Once Upon a Princess.
- In one episode of Defenders of the Earth, Flash somehow manages to do this with his Ray Gun, after destroying a bunch of Mecha-Mooks and commenting that "I should've been a cowboy."
- At the climax of an episode of The Real Ghostbusters, Venkman nabs the ghosts of the Earp Brothers and Doc Holiday, then does this with one of the ghost traps.
- Looney Tunes:
- Wild and Woolly Hare: Bugs Bunny ends a gunshot trick this way, with the bullet splitting Yosemite Sam's hat down the middle.
- Mexicali Shmoes: Slowpoke Rodriguez does this after using his gun (which is bigger than he is) to get away from Jose the cat.