open/close all folders
- There was a (now deleted) Teen Titans one-shot called "Feral" where Raven comes to talk to Beast Boy, who is upset and stays locked in his room due to his feral side trying to emerge. She talks to him, then there is a Pinky Swear that he won't be so upset anymore... cut to the morning, and Raven reflecting on how well she slept due to being exhausted by the night activities.
- In Chapter 3 of Son Of The Sannin, Tsunade and Jiraiya go for a few drinks and the next morning, they wake up in her bedroom, naked and embracing each other. They talk about this, and while they admit to have developed feelings for each other, they decide to take things slow. Then the next morning, Shizune finds them sleeping on the couch...
- One exception, where a seduction is shown with far more detail than normal, occurs in Groundhog Day, as Bill Murray is living the same day over and over and the writers have a chance to show the (fantastical) process of failure and correction.
- In Cabin Fever, Marcy casually suggests to Paul that people who are in a certain-death situation would probably just want to have one last screw, with any available partner. Literally the next thing we see is the two of them naked, and Marcy is throwing a seemingly reluctant Paul down on the bed to ride him vigorously. The foreplay was aparrently so brisk that Paul didn't even have time to ask Marcy about using a condom until after they were already having sex.
- Used in An American Werewolf in London
- Used in Lost in Translation. The lounge singer sits down next to Bob, says "Hi", and this trope occurs. Well, it cuts to the morning after.
- "The Line" from Shark Attack 3: Megalodon immediately cuts to John Barrowman in a Shower of Love with Jennifer McShane.
- In Iron Man, a few lines of accusatory interviewing between Tony Stark and reporter Christine Everhart are enough for a one night stand. One minute they're arguing about war profiteering, the next they're leaping into bed together.
Live Action Television
- Appears a lot in Mad Men.
- The Wire: Jimmy McNulty frequently produces these. Memorably, he once manages to pick up a waitress from an all-night diner while drunk out of his mind and having just crashed his car. Twice. In the same place.
- Six Feet Under: Happens to Nate early on in the Pilot.
- Happened in Friends as Joey and an actress discussed how to make their characters' relationship seem more fiery.
- The Affair: After Noah and Helen break up, he runs into the swimmer who flirted with him in the first episode, who tells him she's now engaged. Commence sex scene.
- The season 3 finale of The Guild, with Cyd and Fawkes.
Amy: Don't tell me to shut up! You know what happened with the last guy who told me to shut up?
- Zapp Brannigan and Leela in the episode "Love's Labours Lost in Space". Used as a quasi plot-device because Leela is bewildered ever after as to why she slept with him.
- In "Proposition Infinity":
(Cut to them in bed)