open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- In the Marvel Universe, Magnus the Sorcerer was born in the 6th century A.D. in the time of King Arthur and became the apprentice of Morgan Le Fay. He later served as the mentor of Jessica Drew, the first Spider-Woman.
- In the graphic novel Wolverine: Rahne of Terra, the alternate world counterpart of Magneto is an evil wizard named Magnus. note
- Ley/Ray Magnus from The Slayers, a great mage of the past.
- Magnus Red'kin, a minor character from Monday Begins on Saturday, a bumbling enchanter and inventor of invisible pants.
- In The Mortal Instruments, Magnus Bane is the High Warlock of Brooklyn.
- Orkneyinga Saga ("The History of the Earls of Orkney") has Magnus Erlendsson, Earl of Orkney. After his death, officially considered martyrdom, numerous miracles were ascribed to him. These usually took the form of people being miraculously healed after praying at his grave. note
- The vampire Magnus in The Vampire Chronicles was an alchemist as a human.
- In Supernatural, Cuthbert Sinclair uses the alias "Magnus". When Sam and Dean manage to locate Sinclair, he is very adept at using spells and has a huge trove of the occult and the supernatural.
- Magnus the Red, Primarch of the Thousand Sons Legion in Warhammer 40K, is an extremely powerful sorcerer, especially since he turned to Chaos and worshipping Tzeentch the god of magic.
- Saga's father Magnus from Dreamfall Chapters is a regular human from Scotland who, nonetheless, managed to build a house at the nexus of all universes and timelines of the multiverse, and has outfitted it with all kinds of magical protections and wards when he discovered that Saga has inherited her mother's Dimensional Traveler powers.
- Gavin Magnus, the immortal wizard who rules Bracada, in Heroes of Might and Magic III.
- Magnus, the God of Magic in The Elder Scrolls. He's also acknowledged by those who don't worship him, and even indirectly responsible for the use of magic among mortals.
- In the Warcraft universe, Medivh, one of the most powerful magi in the series, is referred to as Magnus on several occasions.
- In Gauntlet III, Magnus is the wizard who brought peace to the land of Capra, and whom the protagonists have to rescue.