Lily Pad Platform
If there's a body of water that needs to be crossed, some lily pads are useful in traversing it.
of Theme Park Landscape
and Improvised Platform
. Closely related to Leaf Boat
Eastern European Animation
- Poppy Doll And Butterfly Bartholomew: In "Poppy Doll and Angry Lilypad", Poppy Doll is in danger that she will have to stay in the middle of a lake. She fell into the water and was too heavy to Butterfly Bartholomew to carry her as usual. However, the Sun starts shining and the lily-pads are forced to bloom. Their blooms make for a comfortable bridge which the Popply Doll can cross.
- Sonic Adventure: Chaos 4 is fought in a lake of water. Sonic needs to stand on lily pads to wait out the boss.
- Crash Bandicoot (1996): The two river-based levels both contain lily pad platforms amongst the obstacles. They sink almost immediately, serving as temporary platforms.
- In Ōkami, you can make your own.
- A common sight in Golden Sun games.
- Plants vs. Zombies: Lily pads are used for levels that have the swimming pool. Useful to place other plants on.
- In The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Link can put on the Deku mask and walk on lily pads. He can't do this in normal mode or his other forms.
- Super Mario Bros.:
- Super Mario Sunshine has the infamous lily pad ride as one of its secret stages. Mario has to navigate an acidic stream using a series of lily pads that slowy disintegrate.
- The lily pads actually return in both Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2, which even features a Sunshine themed level in the latter.
- In the original Rayman, the titular character can gain the ability to plant these.
- Rayman 2 also features giant lily pads in several levels.
- Rune Factory 3 gives you a magic seed you can use to instantly create a hovering lily pad that you can ride. This is one of two ways you can cross water in the game.
- Illusion of Gaia features a town that has areas that can only be accessed by standing on lily pads.
- The third teaser trailer for Alice: Madness Returns has Alice waking up on a lily pad and seeing the wonderful garden. She then hops on top of them and approaches the Caterpillar. Afterwards, all hell breaks loose.
- Minecraft has lily pads spawn in the water of swamp biomes.
- The Smurfs (1994): In the Swamp level.
- You use giant lily pads to move between platforms in Marlon's water-type gym in Pokémon Black 2 and White 2.
- Epic Battle Fantasy 4 only allows you to do this after finding the appropriate pair of boots (the others allow you to walk on lava and clouds). Of course you only obtain one pair of boots so a later cutscene shows only Annie doing this while the rest of the party struggles to cross the water the old fashioned way and discussing if half a boot will work the same.
- The video game adaptation of Star Trek: Generations features this on a mission on planet Bersus V; the player even has to grow new pads to cross a large chunk of a lake. The mission is played as Data, an android who canonically weighs just a little more than the average human his height, but even so, the pads appear to be particularly sturdy.
- Homestuck: Jade plays guitar and somehow summons giant lily pads. It sort of makes sense, given that the lily pads lead to a frog temple.
- Waaaaaaaay later, one of the Openbound flash games has a segment taking place on more giant lily pads, apparently taken out of someone's memory.