If there's a body of water that needs to be crossed, some lily pads are useful in traversing it.
of Theme Park Landscape
and Improvised Platform
. See also Leaf Boat
Eastern European Animation
- Poppy Doll And Butterfly Bartholomew: In "Poppy Doll and Angry Lilypad", Poppy Doll is in danger that she will have to stay in the middle of a lake. She fell into the water and was too heavy to Butterfly Bartholomew to carry her as usual. However, the Sun starts shining and the lily-pads are forced to bloom. Their blooms make for a comfortable bridge which the Popply Doll can cross.
- Sonic Adventure: Chaos 4 is fought in a lake of water. Sonic needs to stand on lily pads to wait out the boss.
- Crash Bandicoot (1996): The two river-based levels both contain lily pad platforms amongst the obstacles. They sink almost immediately, serving as temporary platforms.
- In Ōkami, you can make your own.
- A common sight in Golden Sun games.
- Plants vs. Zombies: Lily pads are used for levels that have the swimming pool. Useful to place other plants on.
- In The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Link can put on the Deku mask and walk on lily pads. He can't do this in normal mode or his other forms.
- Super Mario Bros.:
- Super Mario Sunshine has the infamous lily pad ride as one of its secret stages. Mario has to navigate an acidic stream using a series of lily pads that slowy disintegrate.
- The lily pads actually return in both Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2, which even features a Sunshine themed level in the latter.
- In the original Rayman, the titular character can gain the ability to plant these.
- Rayman 2 also features giant lily pads in several levels.
- Rune Factory 3 gives you a magic seed you can use to instantly create a hovering lily pad that you can ride. This is one of two ways you can cross water in the game.
- Illusion of Gaia features a town that has areas that can only be accessed by standing on lily pads.
- The third teaser trailer for Alice: Madness Returns has Alice waking up on a lily pad and seeing the wonderful garden. She then hops on top of them and approaches the Caterpillar. Afterwards, all hell breaks loose.
- Minecraft has lily pads spawn in the water of swamp biomes.
- Homestuck: Jade plays guitar and somehow summons giant lily pads. It sort of makes sense, given that the lily pads lead to a frog temple.
- Waaaaaaaay later, one of the Openbound flash games has a segment taking place on more giant lily pads, apparently taken out of someone's memory.