Bob decides to make a joke in a specific vein about a specific subject. But not just one joke, no no no, oh heavens no. He has to exhaust his entire supply of jokes and wise-guy commentary, getting them all out of his system.
The major difference between an Overly-Long Gag
and Joke Exhaustion is that the Overly Long Gag is one extended gag that goes on for far too long, while Joke Exhaustion should be a series of gags that could each be told individually and still be funny. But because Bob tells them all at once, it just gets irritating. May consist of a Hurricane of Puns
- In The Order of the Stick, when Roy uses the belt of Gender Changing to escape being killed, Haley makes nearly a dozen jokes about Roy being emasculated, to the point that Roy mentions that technically, it's okay for him to hit a girl now.
- At the end of the Zero Punctuation review of Tomb Raider, Yahtzee had vowed not to make any boob jokes, ends with him rambling on about them at very high speed, getting all the jokes that had been building up out of his system.
- Steve Martin's Cyrano Expy in Roxanne does this regarding his own huge nose to show up a less-clever rival's lame insult. Except this is more of a Crowning Moment Of Awesome for Martin instead.
- It all started when a dart was thrown, and the challenge to make as many jokes as the number on the section of the dartboard the dart landed on—and it hit a 20. (Which is the highest labeled numeric value on a dartboard.)
- In Ultimate Spider-Man, Spidey torments the Kingpin using an exhaustive written list of fat jokes. On note cards
- In an episode of How I Met Your Mother, it's revealed that Marshall wears a nightshirt to bed. Naturally, Barney makes a bunch of jokes about it (including a Peter Pan reference).
- In the opening host segment of Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Skydivers, Crow interrupts Tom Servo's planetarium presentation by cracking every single Uranus joke in his arsenal. Tom eventually snaps.
- Whenever Austin Powers offs a mook, he'll rattle off a list of incredibly lame bond one liners about the nature of said mook's death. He generally has to be stopped by someone else before he'll move on.
- After Black Belt's death in 8-Bit Theater, Black Mage spends an entire strip gleefully firing off jokes mocking it.
- In Littlest Pet Shop (2012), Pepper uses various methods of splattering others with pistachio pudding, which quickly gets old for the other pets.
- In season 4 of The Venture Bros., Hunter and Brock are on their way from a strip club, when they mention one stripper having "sad, mournful tits". This leads to them rattling off a bunch of jokes about just how sad her tits are. In the DVD commentary, Doc Hammer says that he wrote the rest of the script first, and at that scene just wrote a note for himself saying "boob jokes" for him to fill in later.
- On Red Dwarf, Rimmer recounts the time he went on a date with a woman who had an artificial nose. In an extremely misguided attempt to break the ice, he cracked jokes about noses until she excused herself, went to the bathroom, and fled through the window.
- This is a common gag in The Nostalgia Critic's reviews.
- In Wreck-It Ralph, Vanellope thinks the game "Hero's Duty" sounds like "Hero's Doody" and launched into a series of Toilet Humor jokes about it. Ralph was not amused. Before dropping the subject, she cheerfully begs him to let her get "one more!" joke in before stopping.