TV Tropes Needs Your Help
View Kickstarter Project
Big things are happening on TV Tropes! New admins, new designs, fewer ads, mobile versions, beta testing opportunities, thematic discovery engine, fun trope tools and toys, and much more - Learn how to help here
and discuss here
Don't Come A-Knockin'
"Dudes! If the tent is a-rockin' don't come a-knockin'!"
to Sam and Dean, Supernatural
A form of Sexy Discretion Shot
where a vehicle or other small enclosed space is shown moving vigorously to show that its occupants are "moving vigorously" too. (A common subversion is to then show that the vigorous activity in question was not the one you were thinking of
Sister trope to Auto Erotica
. May be used to help set the scene at Make-Out Point
. If they get particularly carried away, may cross over with Destructo-Nookie
Compare Right Through the Wall
open/close all folders
- The famous Peugeot 207 commercial with ladybugs.
- An Australian commercial had a police officer seeing a rocking car and going to investigate, only to find a solitary male using the advertised car cleaner.
- At least one mattress commercial begins with a view from under the bouncing bed, only to reveal someone on the bed trying to swat a fly or dancing to music.
- An Australian commercial for a mobile mechanic had a police officer investigating a vigorously rocking car only to discover the young female driver attempting to disengage the stuck handbrake.
- A less explicit version is in Grabbed by the Ghoulies, where the hero is sometimes chased by walking coffins that conceal plump, amorous vampire girls. If one catches him, he's yanked inside, and the coffin rocks for a few seconds (With ♥s drifting out and everything) before letting him go.
- Pretty much all sex—I mean "Woohoo" done in The Sims games.
- Tony Hawk's Underground has one... across the street from a strip club.
- There was a Getting Crap Past the Radar version in Two Stupid Dogs. The two dogs went to a Drive-In Theater, and every car around them was rocking.
- Referenced in Animaniacs, where the Warners drop in on Dr. Scratchensniff and his date. Eventually, they start bouncing around, causing the car to jump as well. Outside, you see a mother forcibly turn her young son's gaze and push him away. *mwah!* G'night Everybody!
- Subverted in The Simpsons:
Homer: Son, I've had some of the best moments of my life in the back of a car.
(cuts to a picture of a rocking car)
Young Homer: Oh yeah! etc
(Interior shot of car reveals he's eating junk food)
- Played Up to Eleven in the episode where Homer visits Marge in prison: when Marge jumps on Homer, the trailer gets knocked over.
- Somehow, this was able to slip past the radar in Total Drama Island, in this case Owen said 'boat.'
- On The Venture Bros., The Monarch and Dr. Girlfriend first have sex in a car. They even manage to steam up the windows enough for the Monarch to write on them.